Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Exhaust Question >

Exhaust Question

Notices

Exhaust Question

Old 07-03-2015, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I was wondering where those KE manifolds went. Your right. They definitely weren't the prettiest looking pieces.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by benjen
I was wondering where those KE manifolds went. Your right. They definitely weren't the prettiest looking pieces.
Yeah I think the proper response when the hatch gets opened is WTF happened here!
Old 07-03-2015, 07:45 AM
Registered

That's pretty funny. My biggest question/concern was that there would be no performance loss from the CMI's. That question seems to have been answered positively. I'm still leaning towards the Stainless Marine largely due to the many satisfied guys I know (didn't even realize they had Stainless Marine until I had problems with the CMI's leaking!). Also, price!
Old 07-03-2015, 08:35 AM
Registered

That's pretty funny. My biggest question/concern was that there would be no performance loss from the CMI's. That question seems to have been answered positively. I'm still leaning towards the Stainless Marine largely due to the many satisfied guys I know (didn't even realize they had Stainless Marine until I had problems with the CMI's leaking!). Also, price!
I think they are very comparable performance wise. My only complaint with the SM3's is it takes a little more effort to get the plugs out and valve covers off. With the right combonation of extensions ant swivels its really not that bad though. With CMI big tubes it's a breeze to do plugs and valve covers.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:27 PM
Registered

Yes. I have the CMI Sport Tubes right now. Plugs and valve covers are very easy to get at. I expected more of an issue with the VC, but why are the plugs tough with the Stainless Marine?
Old 07-03-2015, 01:09 PM
Registered

Yes. I have the CMI Sport Tubes right now. Plugs and valve covers are very easy to get at. I expected more of an issue with the VC, but why are the plugs tough with the Stainless Marine?
My Donzi has Balsa stringers so they are a mile high. Just about past the bottom of the manifold. It makes it a little tricky to remove plugs. You with have to bear hug the motor or use long extensions with swivels and get on the outside of the stringers.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Registered

IC. That won't be a problem on mine. Not that big of a deal anyway as the covers only come off once per season for a quick check. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Baja
I think they are very comparable performance wise. My only complaint with the SM3's is it takes a little more effort to get the plugs out and valve covers off. With the right combination of extensions and swivels its really not that bad though. With CMI big tubes it's a breeze to do plugs and valve covers.
This is true with the standard Stainless Marines as far as the plugs go as well.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Gil's really suck for changing plugs.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 674 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
Gil's really suck for changing plugs.
I never had a problem in my boat w/ gil's but always hated doing plugs in a gen3 manifold,the plugs near the water inlet suck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.