Fuel Consumption -- a justification >

Fuel Consumption -- a justification

Notices

Fuel Consumption -- a justification

Old 07-16-2015, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
100% agree. And I don't watch that much TV. But, to get the channels I want I have to have 637 bullchit channels. I am fuming every time I get off the phone with the cable company.
Basic cable and $26.00 a month smart phone phone plan. I have other things to spend my money on.

Padraig
Old 07-17-2015, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by looseconnection
Heck my wife will forgo vthe panty store to put gas in the boat. And you know what that means when you forgo the panty store..............................worn out holey mother fckrs.
Why bother? Have her go commando!
Old 07-17-2015, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 3pointstar
Isn't it funny back in the day -- when we had 9 planets we had a phone on the wall-- the phone company would have to have wires, wire poles, operators, service techs and not to mention publishing a phone book that could choke a horse-- and our bill -- about $25.00/month.

So today we have only 8 planets, cell phones that don't have the wires to each house, a few towers here and there and a phone book that you can put in your shirt pocket -- that's about it and our bill is $200.00/month

Go figure!!
Yep, but back then the top executives for those companies were probably making less than $1mil / year. Now it is commonplace to see their bonuses in the tens of millions. Not to mention entertainers and athletes getting paid obscene amounts of money. Look at the payout for the last major boxing match. I'm not knocking good old American capitalism and free enterprise, but the money for those salaries has to come from somewhere.

Cable and phone bills are not what keep me up at night. Figuring out how to put two kids through college without putting me in the poorhouse is what I worry about. That will take a chunk out of your gas budget!
Old 07-17-2015, 01:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Another reason why I couldn't move down south. I'd spend 5-6 times as much on gas and I'd probably work less. Loool.

But, I had 3 sleds (snowmobiles) to keep fuel'd up. That wasactually worse our big snow winter years back...happened same time fuel on the street was well in the $4 gallon. For those who don't know, sleds get bad gas mileage.....unless you have an Etec Ski Don't. LOL.
Same here. in a good winter filling 3 sleds 4 times a day on a trip easily hits 300 to 400 a day at 4+$ a gallon (gas is MICH more expensive north of us in remote areas) then add in another 160 to 400$ for diesel to get there! On my boat the wear and tear, 100 hour rebuild interval, drive parts, maintenance etc is 100's $ a hour, gas is my cheapest expense.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
Basic cable and $26.00 a month smart phone phone plan. I have other things to spend my money on.

Padraig
I hear ya. Problem is even basic cable is about isn't cheap hear. Add the internet and you're not saving much.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I never cared much about putting gas in the boat, as the fun always justified it. Putting gas in the truck to get there would make me cringe a bit.