Lost oil pressure AGAIN FN FREAKING OUT >

Lost oil pressure AGAIN FN FREAKING OUT

Notices

Lost oil pressure AGAIN FN FREAKING OUT

Old 07-30-2015, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Craney
Did you have the oil pickup tube welded when you had the engine rebuilt?
You had good pressure on dyno. Probably ran it at least an hour or so, no problem. I'm kinda floating this direction. Only reason, I did a BBC once, tack welded the pickup on. Weld cracked, pickup fell off. Would get some oil pressure cold and at idle, but it would suck the level down and then nothing. should be a port right at the casting for the filter that you can put a mechanical (1/8th pipe I think) gauge and use a drill to see if you have pressure to the filter at least. If not, gotta come out.

Definitely would NOT ATTEMPT another start without getting oil pressure with a dummy distributor. I've used long flat blade screwdriver with the handles cut off in a crunch, but as was mentioned above, you don't get the oil all the way up top, but you can read pressure on a mechanical gauge and oil the mains and cam bearings.