Audible beeps >

Audible beeps

Notices

Audible beeps

Old 07-26-2015, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audible beeps

Any of you guys with older carbed hp500's get the audible beep when the ignition is turned to on? Mine have no sound at all but I did get a solid tone once when I had a motor issue. I'd like to get the tones before start just so I know there working if it's possible?
Old 07-26-2015, 08:12 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

The solid beep/alarm is from the oil pressure alarm sender going off. The key needs to be on for about 10 seconds or more before it goes off.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure I have something else going on since I can leave either key in the on position all day if I wanted with no alarm going off. Got under the dash last night and it looks like a hack job with cut wires and such going to the trim/tab rocker switches and the ground not hooked up at all to one of the tachs. The alarm horns seemed to be hooked up correctly but looks like I've got some more investigating to do.