Out of the box heads? >

Out of the box heads?

Notices

Out of the box heads?

Old 10-16-2015, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Well the whole truth has been said many times, I just searched email the only ones from afr are Jeremy with sending my head... That's it. I talked to Tim about results on phone he said they measures within spec .0013-.0014 according to his info still too tight for marine use in cold water, you know the lifter was the actual cause with the heads right behind it, I had metal transfer and I have pictures of every little thing that happened and posted many times you wanna sit here and keep telling me bob is right and afr is perfect and I am stupid and cannot do things right.... You keep bashing on me you know the answers so give it up.... Only reason my situation is still discussed is because of you and brian. You can bash me, tell people the lies, what bob says, what brian says... I really don't care... I know what happened, I know what I was told, I know what I did to make it right... If I sucked that bad would I have been boating every weekend? Nope.... I am not the idiot you really want me to be... You know for a fact that's true..

Fact is the heads were sold as marine ready bolt on and go, FACT is that's not the case ... Me being my own builder should have been advised by Bob to have them taken apart and checked especially not being a builder by trade, that did not happen... I already had heads that were all fresh I was led to think these would be a much better choice... That's not the case...

I think afr is a great head, but next time I will have them sent bare and should them to know exactly what I got. That goes for any brand.
So basically what I got out of all this was the lifter was the smoking gun?
Old 10-16-2015, 11:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Baja
So basically what I got out of all this was the lifter was the smoking gun?
Whatever you want it to be pal
Old 10-16-2015, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Well I have a new set of small block afr heads at home. Already on the short block but I'm going to waste the gasket pull one off and rip it apart. I'll start a new thread sometime next week with EXACTLY what I find no cover ups or agenda.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:34 PM
MarineKinetics
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kvogt
Looks like the customer support from your vendor was lacking. You would hope your vendor would help you (first) get to an actual root cause then look at who is responsible.
KV,

Fact check. The call tags were issued from AFR and Johnson within 24 hrs of our notification. The damaged cylinder heads was not shipped back to AFR until after the new casting and parts were in transit to Tim.
Attached Thumbnails Out of the box heads?-vogt.jpg  
Attached Files
Old 10-16-2015, 02:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I never said bob didn't try to help and make it right that's not what I HAd issues with, it was other things I am not gonna keep going on and on about it all the bs with that is in my own thread, and for the record again if black Baja and brian didn't keep pushing issues and lies out to Oso I would have never said another word about my situation and how things happened, I will however defend myself when called out. I keep trying to drop the issue and never make the first stab, just reply with what happened this have obviously been told to others that are just not true.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 14 apache
Have you used any brodix heads in the past on a high end build? Just wondering.
yes...
Old 10-16-2015, 03:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I always get my heads bare and finish them in house... it`s the only way IMPO that one can be certain it`s ``right``
Old 10-16-2015, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0