310 cc heads >

310 cc heads

Notices

310 cc heads

Old 11-17-2015, 10:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

So wait, it's ok for brian to post ripping me apart and I am supposed to take it? I built my own engines he always posts how stupid I am and I am not professional and have no buisness building engines... Well they are fine, mistakes yes and anyone could have and I am the bad guy idiot because I didn't listen to him being a professional, you guys are right this ins a place for us to share good and bad learnings... And I post what I LEARN and brian bashes me Fuk him and anyone who makes themselves feel better bashing a guy that does his own stuff... You do t know me, he does not either... So I post all my story for others to learn from and because I don't like brian and his butt buddy bob now I am the Dik... Yes makes sense to me... At least I didn't hide my bad experience... I am sure brian has bad ones too but would never admit or post about it... He has to keep the Mr. Perfect image going

Carry on I'm done

Last edited by Full Force; 11-17-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:01 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zone 5
The key to this is how you get the air fuel in. The reason that in 2 identical engines, one with 088 heads and one with afr's are going to make different hp. Naturally with the other correct parts.
If two engines have different heads, then they can't be identical so that makes no sense...but we're not talking about the difference between an OEM head and aftermarket...we're talking about the difference between an AFR 305, and 315. You said the 315's would be a better choice. Just asking why.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:03 AM
Banned

gee I don't know. Why would you do port work on 305's to make them flow more air? As far as extras, if you hadn't pissed AFR off by calling their heads junk maybe they should tell you. Or maybe you could just read their website.
Lots of ways to make a port flow more air. To date this year we've shipped over 100K in AFR products. I know their heads very well. I've used them out of the box, mildly ported, extensively ported...they are my first choice for a production head and I can tell you that the 315 would not make any noticeable power difference over the 305's in this situation. Airflow is not the problem. AirSPEED is. The 305 having a slightly smaller cross section is going to be favorable over the 315 on a 540 in this rpm range. If you want to talk about POTENTIAL power, of course the 315 will win over the 305. Our working relationship with AFR is first tier.

Last edited by horsepower1; 11-17-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:17 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tim, 90 % of my customers are on OSO and most know you but are not interested in coming on here and jousting with you and your circle jerk. Me I am nothing more than a pig in the mud that could give 2 chits what you or anybody else thinks, its just part of my charm . If my builds were having problems (because your certainly can't please everybody) don't you think it would be all over this site. I have been on OSO for over 15 years and have seen many come and go. I have had a few in the past that I did not get along with but they are long "Duck" gone and were only "TRICKY" for awhile. Now theres you, MT, little kev, deadpeopleguy and a few other followers that chime in when it starts getting tough for you fellas but I am sure in time the weeds will be gone and if I am 1 of them so be it.

As for you........your never done...........you have a BIG MOUTH and love to make your little cartoons and insults.

Wait for it.........................here it comes..................................1 more last word from Tim..................I am done!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2015, 12:02 PM
Banned

As far as extras, if you hadn't pissed AFR off by calling their heads junk maybe they should tell you.
Not sure what you're talking about here. I spent a good part of this year doing port development for the GM Duramax head. We've worked directly with Rick and Chris Sperling at AFR and they have digitized and will be doing all the CNC work for our Duramax program. I have the greatest respect for Mr Sperling and his son, their products, and the operation and level of professionalism they have at AFR.

I will also say that I learned something recently and have to make a correction on a statement I made in another thread. Someone had mentioned an "inspection report" from AFR on their heads and I made a comment "no such thing". Well, that was an assumption on my part and I have to stand corrected. Evidently AFR will provide inspection reports on their cylinder heads...another feather in their cap in regards to how well they will stand behind their product.

Last edited by horsepower1; 11-17-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
Me I am nothing more than a pig in the mud !!!!
Hahahah well that's surely true .... Have a good day hoss
Old 11-17-2015, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by horsepower1
If two engines have different heads, then they can't be identical so that makes no sense...but we're not talking about the difference between an OEM head and aftermarket...we're talking about the difference between an AFR 305, and 315. You said the 315's would be a better choice. Just asking why.
You missed the point. Thats why I said "WITH THE CORRECT PARTS". If you build an engine that is designed to run with 305 AFR's, and you slap on a set of 088's, what is going to happen?
Old 11-17-2015, 12:41 PM
Registered

If you want to talk about POTENTIAL power, of course the 315 will win over the 305.
Which is the exact thing I said. I wish you guys would read the entire post not just the part you want to. If I want to build a 625 HP 540 I don't need 315's

305's will support a 540 but you are at the edge of where you want to be. If you have the money, the 315cnc's are going to be a much better choice. Assuming of course that you have the airflow from the carb or efi and the cam to take advantage of the heads
Old 11-17-2015, 12:43 PM
Registered

Our working relationship with AFR is first tier.
then its improved since you told them their heads were junk. and I just don't have the time to find the thread elsewhere that you said it in your big fight with them.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:27 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Hahahah well that's surely true .... Have a good day hoss
See you can be nice.......aaaaahhhh, you have a nice day yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.