310 cc heads >

310 cc heads

Notices

310 cc heads

Old 11-13-2015, 03:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by horsepower1
You probably know the Gen5 blocks have water passage alignment issues with Mk4/GenVI heads
So, will these heads not work on the gen 5 block, or what can be done to make it right if anything? Is this parts list for the 509 or the 540 or is it the same for both?
I think there is a head gasket that addresses the issues but I've never messed with it so I'm not 100% certain.

Here's the dyno sheet:

Last edited by horsepower1; 11-13-2015 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboat28
Can you give a list of parts needed to go with these heads and my gen 5 502 blocks to make that hp on pump gas? It will be running dry exhaust.
your better off following these builds to get real 700hp engines.
http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/...k-chevy-build/

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...engine-builds/
Old 11-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
LOL...so for a 540 with open ex they were only able to get {{{720}}} hp (whatever the {{{ }}} means) and 645 tq? ...and with a peak @ 6600???? That engine is an embarrassment. The numbers on the "dyno sheet" are all jacked up. It loses 7 hp from 6200 to 6400 but then miraculously picks up 9hp @ 6600, then falls off another 11 from 6600 - 6800...and love the dual torque peaks. LOL...and that's your idea of an exemplary engine??? The SuperChev 540 isn't any better, either. Certainly not worthy of another 30 ci and 1/4" of stroke. Nothing more than magazine fodder to impress the masses.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

LOL...so for a 540 with open ex they were only able to get {{{720}}} hp (whatever the {{{ }}} means) and 645 tq? ...and with a peak @ 6600???? That engine is an embarrassment. The numbers on the "dyno sheet" are all jacked up. It loses 7 hp from 6200 to 6400 but then miraculously picks up 9hp @ 6600, then falls off another 11 from 6600 - 6800...and love the dual torque peaks. LOL...and that's your idea of an exemplary engine??? The SuperChev 540 isn't any better, either. Certainly not worthy of another 30 ci and 1/4" of stroke. Nothing more than magazine fodder to impress the masses.
You're just an idiot, and so is Chris Straub. That combo you guys did for offshoreexcursions hyd roller 572ci's, making 750HP at 5900RPM, thru 1 7/8 primary CMI headers, and around 800hp with 2.25 dyno headers, with less than 10:1 compression, that run fantastic in his 36 gladiator, just a real turd. Oh, and the parts that were purchased, sent in for machine work, and overall time from first phone call to delivered components, was very reasonable.....but, some guys don't like you, so you suck.

You guys are a joke. Please, there's no room for your input here on engines.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
You sure thats it? , there wasn`t a secret test where Jonstone rockers beat the Cranes was there?
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.. .........

I'm not supposed to say anything, but I recently did a test in my kitchen, it was scorpion rockers vs all the others. The Scorpions left them all in the dust....thats all i can say.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

You clearly missed the sarcasm. But hey, we can use your dyno sheets with 20% correction and call them good. or how about you friend voodoopro and his 40% that you say are great.

why don't you post your miracle 460 or what ever it was that you claimed 900 HP with rect port heads
Old 11-14-2015, 06:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.. .........

I'm not supposed to say anything, but I recently did a test in my kitchen, it was scorpion rockers vs all the others. The Scorpions left them all in the dust....thats all i can say.
don't forget the sharpie lines through the rocker arms.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zone 5
You clearly missed the sarcasm. But hey, we can use your dyno sheets with 20% correction and call them good. or how about you friend voodoopro and his 40% that you say are great.

why don't you post your miracle 460 or what ever it was that you claimed 900 HP with rect port heads
Originally Posted by Zone 5
don't forget the sharpie lines through the rocker arms.
I don't know him personally, but I can tell you, him and his partner nailed the combo on Kevin's 572 build, and dyno testing was done on an independent dyno, in michigan. They also seem to have quite a bit of happy customers on yellow bullet, performance boats, and speed talk.

What I find interesting, is guys like Scott Foxwell, and many other "professionals" in the business, chime in on many different forums, posting pictures of heads they may have ported, combos they put together, general engine advice, blueprinting and machining info, camshaft and valvetrain dynamics, public videos of valvetrain mockups, induction debates, assembling procedures, and so on. Basically, putting it out there publicly, among some of THE BEST engine builders on other forums, wide open for criticism. And yet, YOUR HERO, reads all these forums, is a registered member of all these forums, and yet, never has anything to say. I'd like to see HIM, jump into the fire, and argue his valvetrain theories, and engine design expertise, with guys like Mike Jones, Chris Uratchko, weingartner, curtis boggs, darrin morgan, and literally hundreds of other engine builders who build engines daily......where is his public advice on those forums, about which intake manifold works best, which cylinder head works best, which is his preferred brand of ring filer, valve cutting machine, and so on.

Sorry, but its 2015. Anybody can figure out a decent combo for a big block chevy engine, when you study hundreds of other peoples engine builds. Want talent? Walk into a shop that can build anything from a 4 cylinder nissan, to a resto 340 mopar, to a blown alky dragster, a 1500hp pontiac, twin turbo LS or yes, a 900HP 460ci, all under one roof. Its easy to sit back and quarterback everyone when you are on the sidelines, rather than in the game.

Sorry buddy. This isn't boatfreaks, you don't run the show here. People here might actually have an opinion that doesn't agree with your camp's long lived infatuations with each other.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Ya'll are crazy. All you need is one of them "Shooter Bullets"

Last edited by endeavor1; 11-14-2015 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Add some MFing smilies
Old 11-15-2015, 12:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I don't know him personally, but I can tell you, him and his partner nailed the combo on Kevin's 572 build, and dyno testing was done on an independent dyno, in michigan. They also seem to have quite a bit of happy customers on yellow bullet, performance boats, and speed talk.
This is OSO, not a drag race forum

What I find interesting, is guys like Scott Foxwell, and many other "professionals" in the business, chime in on many different forums, posting pictures of heads they may have ported, combos they put together, general engine advice, blueprinting and machining info, camshaft and valvetrain dynamics, public videos of valvetrain mockups, induction debates, assembling procedures, and so on.
Yup, its called free advertising. post the same garbage over and over and soon it becomes "fact". You can not tell anything from a picture of a ported head. Even flow bench numbers mean nothing. Anyone can hog out a port and get huge numbers.

And yet, YOUR HERO, reads all these forums, is a registered member of all these forums, and yet, never has anything to say. where is his public advice on those forums, about which intake manifold works best, which cylinder head works best, which is his preferred brand of ring filer, valve cutting machine, and so on.
My "hero" LOL. I didn't know I had a hero, so thanks for telling me, I have to "assume" that you are talking about who built my engine. He is not in business to try and sell you parts like straub and steel chump. There is no such thing as the perfect part for an engine. There are 1000 variables. So to tell you to use brand Z, could be totally wrong. Just as if you asked me what jets I use in an 850 Holley. No matter what I tell you, its going to most likely be wrong depending on your application. And "my hero" doesn't need any defending. He can take care of himself. As I have posted before, he built my 509 that never saw below 5500 RPM for 7 years, and never had anything except oil changes in that time.

Sorry, but its 2015. Anybody can figure out a decent combo for a big block chevy engine, when you study hundreds of other peoples engine builds.

About the only part you got right. My cats can build a BB and get more HP out of it than stock. and do it without a 20% correction dyno.

Sorry buddy. This isn't boatfreaks, you don't run the show here. People here might actually have an opinion that doesn't agree with your camp's long lived infatuations with each other.
Lots of people on OSO have an opinion. all negative. you and your chicago buddies seem to be the only ones drinking the kool-aid. Do some homework on straub and wet exhaust. Then do some homework on steelchump and what his drywall background was. Then ask yourself why they use cam profiles that every experienced engine builder says can't work and claim stupid amounts of HP with. Its a huge game of smoke and mirrors. But hey, if you like the taste of the koolaid, have at it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.