502 mag high pressure line >

502 mag high pressure line

Notices

502 mag high pressure line

Old 12-15-2015, 12:40 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,088 Likes on 1,390 Posts

Bup, the nipple part that looks like you would slip over a line with a clamp, isn't. They where thinking maybe it would go into the female side of the fuel rail with oring.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:46 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,088 Likes on 1,390 Posts

Originally Posted by motor
No ,Line is still available. This is the cool fuel under the motor and it is having to be relocated because boat is set up with race mounts .I need longer hose to put pump in front of engine .Flame away ,but it is stock 502 mpi's with pumps that work fine ,so I'm just moving stock pump and will return the fuel to the tank instead of filter. That way ,I don't think I'll need water running through it? If stock pump isn't adequate then i'll worry about a different pump and regulator
Cool. Thanks for the info.

Correct. Running return back to the tank should negate the need for for using the cool fuel (water fed) system. Has for the boats I've done this too.

In case you haven't seen it mentioned - thse make it easy to add fuel tank returns into the fuel fill line(s).
http://www.cpperformance.com/c-500-f...s-returns.aspx.
The following users liked this post:
ThisIsLivin (09-01-2020)
Old 12-15-2015, 12:51 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

possible some info help

http://www.arnnworx.com/catalog/inde...d=17&chapter=1
Old 12-15-2015, 12:59 PM
BUP
Banned

Keep in mind as for relocation and set up that you do want to induce vapor lock / fuel boiling away into the cool fuel. Heat soak boiling the fuel out of the cooler after shut down from drained down heat soak cooling water from the engine side. Very important here.

It is best to remount the Gen II cool fuel assembly as low as possible - the bilge area is the coolest section of the engine compartment hence why Mercruiser mounted the GEN II cool very low like they did.

the negs are from Mercruiser install is - it makes it hard to get access to it on many apps.

Last edited by BUP; 12-15-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I was surprised at the hose shops that won't touch it once I mentioned gasoline.
Originally Posted by BUP
I was just saying as it looked like the Summit ones are used in conjuction with rubber fuel line and hose clamps. Thought you mentioned that you might have to go that route with the Summit adapters.

I understand what you are trying to do - totally get it 100 % . I would try an hydraulic hose shop and see about adding length and crimps to the middle portion of the fuel line not the ends side.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,029 Likes on 1,347 Posts

Where are you planning on mounting the pump and cooler
Old 12-15-2015, 06:35 PM
BUP
Banned

Says will mount it in the front of engine.

If all possible mount it low. I would try a real hot rod shop who does and makes their own AN fuel lines and or crimped fuel lines.

I would adapt from the middle unless the fuel line ends are not in good shape for whatever reason. I did this before but mounted it all further away from side of the engine to the outside portion of the stringer.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Initially I was going to just have a hose shop add line in the middle with crimped on double ended barbs.When I cut the heat insulation off one hose, the hose was delaminating...That's when I cut the crimps off the ends and checked (barb) on tube fitting ...It is almost nothing .The old crimps were a tight,trapped fit on the tube and crimped to the hose. Hose couldn't blow off .I did talk to a friend today that does welding for some of the "hot rod shops".When I asked him about welding a fitting on the end of a tube(original tube/fitting). He said he does them quite a bit for custom stuff .I am trying to go the path of least resistance ,but have legit uscg approved type setup. Beyond that...If I mounted the hi pressure pumps below fuel level on the rear tank bulkhead would I still need low pressure pumps?
Originally Posted by BUP
Says will mount it in the front of engine.

If all possible mount it low. I would try a real hot rod shop who does and makes their own AN fuel lines and or crimped fuel lines.

I would adapt from the middle unless the fuel line ends are not in good shape for whatever reason. I did this before but mounted it all further away from side of the engine to the outside portion of the stringer.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:48 PM
BUP
Banned

Have to ask as you posted " If I mounted the high pressure pumps" - ok now I have to ask what set up do you have with more than 1 high pressure fuel pump ? or is this a typo error ?

You need the boost pump / aka low pressure fuel pump for the stock GEN II OEM cool fuel.

do you have a year model and engine serial number so I know what you have here ?

Last edited by BUP; 12-17-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Have to ask as you posted " If I mounted the high pressure pumps" - ok now I have to ask what set up do you have with more than 1 high pressure fuel pump ? or is this a typo error ?

You need the boost pump / aka low pressure fuel pump for the stock GEN II OEM cool fuel.

do you have a year model and engine serial number so I know what you have here ?
I just assumed he had two engines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.