For the LS engine lovers >

For the LS engine lovers

Notices

For the LS engine lovers

Old 01-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Thought maybe you LS guys would like this build. This one here in the article is a great piece, but they've took it even further now. New setup is the 4.5L whipple. On race fuel 1450hp. They also have a pump gas setup, and pump gas with water/meth setup they are playing with. Granted, not a "marine build", but, either way, cool build.

http://www.enginelabs.com/news/video...-ls-next-block
to put things in perspective,this engine was built for a customer at a cost of 42,000.00.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
to put things in perspective,this engine was built for a customer at a cost of 42,000.00.
What would it cost to have a big block built in that same power range? I seriously have no idea as its all out of my price range, but I would think it would be about the same right?
Old 01-06-2016, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pretty cool..and $$$$ here's a pic of my 1200hp street LS, 370ci using stock intake and exhaust manifolds, 25psi on E85...not pretty like this one...but with hood on....
Old 01-06-2016, 09:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by corey331
What would it cost to have a big block built in that same power range? I seriously have no idea as its all out of my price range, but I would think it would be about the same right?
i would think a big block build of that caliber would cost pretty close to that price.high end parts are not cheep.i spent some crazy money when i built my 588s.

Last edited by mike tkach; 01-07-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ezstriper
pretty cool..and $$$$ here's a pic of my 1200hp street LS, 370ci using stock intake and exhaust manifolds, 25psi on E85...not pretty like this one...but with hood on....
that is 3.24 hp per cubic inch,very impressive.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by corey331
It is about the same amount whether you build a BBC or an LS of the same power level.
Eddie
Old 01-07-2016, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
It is about the same amount whether you build a BBC or an LS of the same power level.
Eddie
What would be the pros/cons of each motor?

Efficiency, better valve train geometry? Etc.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:21 PM
Registered

The LS is smaller and more compact. It also weighs less. However, it doesn't make the torque that a BBC does. It's not that much less, but less none the less. It's different., I guess, is the big draw. At least for the marine side. The automotive guys have embraced it like nothing else in history. The LS's are a great choice for a smaller single engine boat, or maybe a 28-30 twin that would normally have small blocks. It can take the place of a BBC, but it would have to be built pretty tough. The availability of parts isn't what it is for a BB. That's why the cost is roughly the same. As more manufactures come out with new parts for the marine side, the pricing will come down. It's still a viable option for just about anything other than a HUGE boat that wants/needs a ton of power.
Eddie
Old 01-07-2016, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like an aluminum block also, that thing must be plenty light compared to a BBC. I am curious how well the aluminum block does with deflection at that power level compared to an iron block.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Thought maybe you LS guys would like this build. This one here in the article is a great piece, but they've took it even further now. New setup is the 4.5L whipple. On race fuel 1450hp. They also have a pump gas setup, and pump gas with water/meth setup they are playing with. Granted, not a "marine build", but, either way, cool build.

http://www.enginelabs.com/news/video...-ls-next-block
I didn't read the article so maybe this was stated in it, but is that front accessory drive from Wegner? That's what we used. Looks the same. They have got it all figured out to work with a Whipple.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.