Where to buy 350 shortblock? >

Where to buy 350 shortblock?

Notices

Where to buy 350 shortblock?

Old 02-23-2016, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Where to buy 350 shortblock?

I'm looking for a 350 short block one piece rear main. This is for a stock application so just the basic short block that came in trucks and boats off the GM assembly line. I do need the mechanical fuel pump (some later vortecs aren't drilled for it even though it's there). Can you get these new through GMPP? I don't see them listed anywhere?

There are lots of remans anywhere from 650 to about 1500, but I've heard horror stories with some of these companies so figured I'd check here.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2016, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you try Jegs??
Old 02-23-2016, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

We've bought some stuff from Pace Performance. They have a mix of GM and aftermarket stuff.
Some of the local reman blocks are horror stories for sure!
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

MrMaine - call Quirk Chevy in Manchester,NH. Used to be Dobles Chevrolet.

1250 S Willow St Manchester, Manchester, NH 03103
Phone: (603) 263-4530

Few reasons:

1) They are massive with parts ! And they deliver all over the place.
2) They carry GMPP also. They literally have a GMPPparts counter in that dealership location.
3) Quirk also has a Chevrolet dealer in Portland, ME - (edit in: Bangor, ME too) so maybe not too far away from you ? Don't know if Portland can handle it, or if Manchester, NH can send it to the Portland dealer for you to pick up or ???? But this is what you can ask them when you call...if they can get you the correct shortblock (or long block) and for a good price.

Last edited by SB; 02-23-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Registered

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
Did you try Jegs??
Yes, Jegs carries blueprint and they want over 3k for a short block (assume its fully forged). I can get a brand new long block for 2800 just don't need it because already have brand new heads. Summit carries "ATK" brand for around 1400, I'm just not familiar with them.

This is a stock motor, just looking for input on reputable names to avoid the horror stories.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
MrMaine - call Quirk Chevy in Manchester,NH. Used to be Dobles Chevrolet.

1250 S Willow St Manchester, Manchester, NH 03103
Phone: (603) 263-4530

Few reasons:

1) They are massive with parts ! And they deliver all over the place.
2) They carry GMPP also. They literally have a GMPPparts counter in that dealership location.
3) Quirk also has a dealer in Portland, ME - so maybe not too far away from you ? Don't know if Portland can handle it, or if Manchester, NH can send it to the Portland dealer for you to pick up or ???? But this is what you can ask them when you call...if they can get you the correct shortblock (or long block) and for a good price.
SB, thanks, I will give them a call.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:49 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,110 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Just saw they have a Chevy dealer in Bangor, ME too.

Damn, they have a ton of dealerships now. LOL.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:06 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I can get you a reman or new Mercruiser if you like and of course it will not be as cheap as some of these online sellers but it will have a full warranty thru Merc 100% unless owner self inflicted causes. Anything that I sell marine related you have an open phone line to me for tech support and or thru me to Merc. IMO that is worth something within itself.

So if you buy a crate engine from whomever good - bad or ugly who in the world is going to tech support it and warranty it when they find out its in a marine app ? I promise they wont - Been thru all of that with end users at least 1000 times who bought thru car shops and online. One of the worst who will deny any warranty issues is 1800 runs new - they are clueless and will not cover anything with their selling products. Just saying

Have no idea if 1800 Runs New is still in biz but if they are, I would not buy anything from them.

Last edited by BUP; 02-23-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
I can get you a reman or new Mercruiser if you like and of course it will not be as cheap as some of these online sellers but it will have a full warranty thru Merc 100% unless owner self inflicted causes. Anything that I sell marine related you have an open phone line to me for tech support and or thru me to Merc. IMO that is worth something within itself.

So if you buy a crate engine from whomever good - bad or ugly who in the world is going to tech support it and warranty it when they find out its in a marine app ? I promise they wont - Been thru all of that with end users at least 1000 times who bought thru car shops and online. One of the worst who will deny any warranty issues is 1800 runs new - they are clueless and will not cover anything with their selling products. Just saying

Have no idea if 1800 Runs New is still in biz but if they are, I would not buy anything from them.
Bup,
Thanks for the input. Places like 1800 runs new are what I want to avoid. Would you PM me a price on a 87-95 350 short block (or 96 and up as long as fuel pump is drilled? This is for a close friend of mine and I will give him some options including yours.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

BUP, inbox full.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.