Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
No beep when trying to start ??? Won't start >

No beep when trying to start ??? Won't start

Notices

No beep when trying to start ??? Won't start

Old 03-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I'll check the kill switch teather ,and I'll start checking ground straps and wires....what I thought was odd was that warning beep went away then all the sudden came back? Should I not worry about that?
Old 03-06-2016, 12:42 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Sounds like what I posted to me and again have your volt meter with you for testing all 12 v sources and any relays
Old 03-06-2016, 12:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like the lanyard - try pushing in the red button to see if the alarm sounds, mine does the very same ! Why I'm taking my boat to BUP for a few things!

BUP- hopefully this week if my schedule permits !
Old 03-06-2016, 12:46 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

^^^^ thanks but look at are weather this whole week to come. WE are going to get hammered as they say. I am sitting around as some getting their boats today to put back in storage so they do not get hammered. Jeez hope this is not like last year with rain.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

You are right - lets waits for this to pass then I'll drag her to you ! Sorry to hi-jack op !
Old 03-06-2016, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ray mcgee
Yesterday after running boat with no issues,came back to boat. Boat started fine and idled for 5 min or so then sounded almost as it was missing and died. When turning the key numerous times noticed there was no beep when turning the key and would not start....after checking fuses breakers and trying to continually start the beep came back but engine would start up and die right away...then let it sit for a few minutes then starts up with now problem for the rest of the day... it is a 502 mag motor please help
Hate to even mention this again, but besides the no beep issue, that sounds an awful lot like vapor lock that I have experienced a few times.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:04 PM
Registered

If it was a vapor lock issue how would you correct it? Why would it start and idle for 5 min or so then stumble and die
Old 03-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As bup asked earlier, what year is the boat? Have you owened it long, a little history would help.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

As BUP stated you will need to get 12volt references and ability to check those that require the source.

A simple alligator clip jumper from a know battery source (battery is best) to +side of coil to stabilize the ignition.. It could answer some questions if your lanyard or other issue is the root.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

LIke others have said. Could be tether or bad kill switch. There is also a hot wire that triggers that buzzer. If it lost power it will not start either. Mine is loose... I redid my dash panel and tried cranking the other day and after pulling the key panel and sticking my hand in the dash.. After moving some wires, buzzer came back on and she cranked right up.

Good luck, I hate freakin elec gremlins!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.