Notices

Vertglas

Old 03-29-2016, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vertglas

I used VERTGLAS gel coat restoration system on my boat several years ago with very good results and would like to do it again. I can't find VERTGLAS anywhere which leads me to believe they're not around anymore. Anyone have any experience to share about available products similar to VERTGLAS ?
Old 03-29-2016, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They used to be in Ohio but moved to the East coast somewhere. I used it also years ago with great results. I googled them and ordered on line. Not aware of any other brands. Hope you can find something.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

"Vertglas Update

Sorry, we do not have Vertglas products in stock. Vertglas has not been shipping product since last spring and we don't know when or if the Vertglas products will be available again.

Instead of Vertglas, we recommend that you try our MS GelCoat Restoration Kits.

The MS GelGoat Restoration System is a direct replacement for Vertglas. The procedure for using both products is exactly the same. You can follow the Vertglas instruction manual using the MS GelCoat Restoration System and the results will be the same.

The first surfaces coated with the MS 51 Sealer have been out in the weather for 18 months and they still have a high-gloss shine. We have been selling the MS 51 Sealer as the replacement for Vertglas #3 since May 2012 for both new applications and recoating over existing Vertglas. Customers have reported that the only difference they noticed is that it took fewer coats of MS 51 to produce the high-gloss shine"

Read more about MS GelCoat Restoration Kits....

http://www.vertglas.com/index.html