New hydraulic steering install hooking up rams >

New hydraulic steering install hooking up rams

Notices

New hydraulic steering install hooking up rams

Old 05-26-2016, 05:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buck35
Most people that never effed up haven't done much of anything!
Glad you figured it out.
I agree, this wasn't my first time and I am sure not my last.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 89Mach1
Ron was excellent to deal with for me as well! I just finished up an install a couple weeks ago. Long story short, after hours of bleeding and re-tracing hoses, Ron diagnosed my symptoms over a 30 minute phone call as a bad helm. Got the new helm installed in 20 minutes, fired the motors and within 5 minutes it was good to go!
I was really starting to lean towards a bad helm unit too as it was the only reason I could come up with for the issue I was having. But it was acting like a bad helm unit because of my mistake.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Questofpower
I was really starting to lean towards a bad helm unit too as it was the only reason I could come up with for the issue I was having. But it was acting like a bad helm unit because of my mistake.

My wheel would lock one way and just spin and spin and spin the other way. I had the rams rebuilt, local hydro shop showed me the old seals vs the new and the old were as hard as a rock, they blamed it on using ATF and not hydraulic oil (used system) so I bought a light weight hydraulic oil from them (cheaper than ATF by the way...) and flushed the system. I was convinced my problems were solved... NOPE! Boat was ready to be put up for sale, just like yours! I came back to it the next day with a more level head, decided to call Imco. Ron was excellent and nailed it! Luckily a local shop had one and I installed it that day, five minutes later I was hooking the truck and trailer to go test.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

This thread rocks. Glad everyone is happy again.