575sci running rough >

575sci running rough

Notices

575sci running rough

Old 05-31-2016, 07:38 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

without a scan and or scan tool u will need a bigger dart board to keep on throwing darts at it.

IMO best guess here would be leaking injectors and or MAP sensor

TBI injectors here and they are good at times for leaking actually with age they become very good leakers of fuel. I know I test and flow test fuel injectors daily during boating season.

Last edited by BUP; 05-31-2016 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:49 PM
BUP
Banned

OK very hard not to speak up here - I am lost you posted SCi and then mentioned CARB and then mention tps in your first post - huh === totally lost and impossible as SCI is fuel injected so what on earth do you have here. Carb or fuel injection ??? then next is from your first post " see fuel in the vent line from mech fuel pump so I changed that " What was that ??? the vent line or the mechanical fuel pump or BOTH. Have no idea what "that" was changed. Better explanation of all this is to get good and any real help to pin point the problem(s)

The next question is this a stock app or a modify, if MODIFIED you need to explain the fuel system and if FI what controller do you have ??
Engine serial number and year model helps a bunch to.

Last edited by BUP; 05-31-2016 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by outlw36
Running real rough and rich. Will idle and stall. Can't get on plane. I see fuel in mechanical fuel pump vent line to back of carb so installed a new one. Same thing so changed tps sensor ,same thing. I'm lost and need some expert help.
Thanks
Is the boat up here on Winnipesaukee? If so we can meet up somewhere and you can borrow my Rinda to scan it if you would like.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
OK very hard not to speak up here - I am lost you posted SCi and then mentioned CARB and then mention tps in your first post - huh === totally lost and impossible as SCI is fuel injected so what on earth do you have here. Carb or fuel injection ??? then next is " see fuel in the vent line from mech fuel pump so I changed that " What was that ??? the vent line or the mechanical fuel pump or BOTH. Have no idea what "that" was changed. The explanation of all this is not good to get any real help or an handle on this.

The next question is this a stock app or a modify, if MODIFIED you need to explain the fuel system and if FI what controller do you have ??
Lol, that was my thought exactly, the hose or pump... just never know.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:12 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
OK very hard not to speak up here - I am lost you posted SCi and then mentioned CARB and then mention tps in your first post - huh === totally lost and impossible as SCI is fuel injected so what on earth do you have here. Carb or fuel injection ??? then next is from your first post " see fuel in the vent line from mech fuel pump so I changed that " What was that ??? the vent line or the mechanical fuel pump or BOTH. Have no idea what "that" was changed. Better explanation of all this is to get good and any real help to pin point the problem(s)

It's an SCI with throttle body Fuel injection.
There's an electric fuel pump but also a pump on side of motor. There's a clear tube from pump on side of motor that appears to be getting fuel in it from back of throttle body.
Had top ends done over last season so no lost compression
Did new fuel regulator, TPS sensor, IAC sensor
Swapped the sensor on back of distributer
No dripping from injectors
Now doing, thermostat sensor, cap, coils, plugs, wires.
It just keeps loading up with fuel.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:13 AM
Registered

Thanks Matt but the boats not up there yet.
Just dropped it off to mechanic to put on computer.
Hopefully he can figure it out.
See you up there.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:19 PM
Registered

Turns out it was the ECU
Old 06-01-2016, 10:01 PM
BUP
Banned

pass on my statements at this time frame good luck

Last edited by BUP; 06-01-2016 at 11:04 PM.