Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Have I been Hoodwinked? >

Have I been Hoodwinked?

Notices

Have I been Hoodwinked?

Old 06-10-2016, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it doesn't seem too far off to me. Labor seems about right, new hubs/drums, bearings, backing plates/brakes, actuator and lines...x 6. If that is what was replaced, then I don't think you got a deal, but I also do not think you are far off from fair. Maybe a few hundred dollars. All those parts add up fast.

Last edited by Questofpower; 06-10-2016 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm picking up tomorrow and will post the parts list after...FYI this was a full rebuild of everything, authorized without estimate first...TRUSTED.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

What were you expecting to pay?
Old 06-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

If you like the trailer to begin with and it stops like he says it will, you will forget about the money when you avoid your first soccer mom that cuts you off.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Ya it depends on what all was done, how bad were things rusted up, etc., can't say what it should cost without all the facts, need a lot more details.
Most All repair shops around here charge $85-$95 per hour.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 591 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by pondrunner
I ask the good folks here (owners, dealers and service) if you think I've been taken advantage of with a recent service. I had a 1997 Eagle triple axle trailer holding a 29 Scarab "rebuilt" by a local marine for rust and corroded brakes/lines and all bearings. Was a Titan 10 master surge system. I get the call it is done and the bill...$2938! Yep, almost $3 grand and the value of the used trailer itself. The owner said the best parts were used (something about nickel plated lines at $36 a foot?) and that the trailer is now basically new and would go another 20 years the way they rebuilt it. $75 an hour labor at 12 hours. So, for those of you who have done a complete rebuild of the mechanicals, does this sound about right or way out of line like I feel it is, even if this is in New York?!?!
So what was on the final bill for parts?