Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Boat stalls out around 3000 Rpm >

Boat stalls out around 3000 Rpm

Notices

Boat stalls out around 3000 Rpm

Old 06-14-2016, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slapped a 870 cfm vacuum secondary holley on it, ran perfect.! Also put a new coil in it, helped it a lot at idle. Thanks for the diagrams SB, i'm new to the boating world and it helped me hook up all my gauges, shes making waves now
Old 06-14-2016, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Did u change the carb and the coil at same time?

I have a hard time believing a brand new 750 holley was simply not capable of running properly to get over 3k rpm on your engine.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know, Thats what i figured! The 750 was a brand new 700$ double pumper from holley, I sent it back. It had a casting flaw in the back power valve housing in the main body if you know what i'm talking about. I do not know if that was the problem with it or not, i took the whole thing apart and blew air through the boosters just fine? I knew a 750 was a little small for the motor but it shouldn't lean out at 3000 rpms with 84's in the front and 94's in the back. I could sit there and pump the accelerator pump on the secondaries while going down the lake and it would pick up to about 4000's rpms. The secondary boosters where just not pulling fuel. I tried the new coil with the 750 and and it still spluttered at around 3000 rpms and would backfire out the carb, The coil did help the idle a TON. Before i couldn't get it to idle down past 1000 rpm and it would die when putting it into gear. Put the new coil in, idles at 800 and shifts perfectly! Got a new 950 cfm holley on the way, that should be plenty of carb for the motor, it does have a dominater intake on it necked down to fit a normal holley.