Fume sensor possible error >

Fume sensor possible error

Notices

Fume sensor possible error

Old 06-22-2016, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fume sensor possible error

I went to check on the boat the other day and when I opened the garage, the alarm was going off. The fume sensor was on with the lights turned red. I ended up having to kill the batteries to get it to shut up. I worked on the boat and turned it back on and the alarm went off. For battery purposes, I left the batteries off when I left.

Tonight I took the boat for a spin. The boat ran fine. I drove around for 30 minutes without issue. Then I took the boat to a restaurant to eat. While parked. The alarm started sounding. All the way home it would sound and go off. No smell of gas, no sign of leaks, no obvious issues anywhere. The boat is full of gas. It's hot in Texas. Any ideas? Do the sensors fail and need to be replaced? Its an 06 Baja with 496 HOs if that matters.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

To your question, yes they fail. Had one fail last year in our Formula, scared the crapout out of us during a poker run. New and improved turns the blower on automatically, great upgrade while your at it.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I'll get on it!