best prices for AFR heads.. >

best prices for AFR heads..

Notices

best prices for AFR heads..

Old 09-28-2002, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best prices for AFR heads..

I need a set of AFR heads and looking for the best prices.. The only one so far is flatlander racing for $1200.

anyone else?

thanks bros
Old 09-28-2002, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Price on AFR CNC heads...

I'd like to know too! So far for the BBC, a pair of CNC 315cc heads (bare) are $2293.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:44 PM
Registered

Looks like everyone charges the same price. You can buy them straight from AFR or from any of their dealers. The 2 dealers I called wanted same $ than the factory wants. I would think that the dealers get a better price then we would but they are not wanting to discount off factory price. With that being said looks like I a am going to order mine from the factory. One less person that can screw the order up. The web site lists a number of dealers.
Old 09-29-2002, 04:48 AM
Registered

Turbo, I spoke to a "Dave" at AFR and that is the price he gave me. When discussing correct sizes of heads for either a 540" or a 572" naturally aspirated engine, he said the 315cc (CNC ported) head would be best. He said the CNC 315cc would flow and make good torque on a 540" up to about 6000rpm where a 572" with the same CNC 315cc ported head---pretty much maxing out the head at about 5500rpm which is (I believe) right where you want to be RPM wise anyway. He said they also offer the head with what I think he said "hard anodizing" which is a water jacket coating to help fight corrosion-----especially in salt water. He also said that they weigh about 5 more pounds each over other aluminum heads for better strength, durability.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:26 PM
Registered

Kaama-Why are you wanting to go with bare heads? In taking to AFR they were telling me I can get them set up any way I want. (1.94 iconel exhaust valves & lighter valve springs to go with my cam). My engine guy wants to buy the heads complete & have him take them apart & check & make sure everything is OK. He said this would be cheaper way to go. Only problem I have with him checking them out is he never gets anything done timely. I am afraid if I got them today it would be spring before he would have them checked out.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:42 AM
Registered

Turbo, originally I was going to have AFR do the complete head deal for me, but I want to use a certain custom valve springs in my engines. They are made by LSM ( LSMeng.com ). They're a special long lasting special material valve spring. They have about half a dozen different kinds depending on the application, etc. The ones I will be getting cost about $250 per set. I asked AFR if they would install them for me with the rest of AFR's valve equipment, but they said they could only use what they have available and therefore I would have to buy the heads bare.