So many threads on milky oil, but heres a bit of a spin >

So many threads on milky oil, but heres a bit of a spin

Notices

So many threads on milky oil, but heres a bit of a spin

Old 07-26-2016, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So many threads on milky oil, but heres a bit of a spin

Every so often I have to add a little oil to my motors since the front main seal spits a little oil. Its always done it and don't know why. Its never been an issue and its minor enough that I may have to add a little oil twice over 4 months. I always make it a habit to check fluids before I go out anyway. Last weekend I had to add oil and noticed a little milky oil on the top of my head. I also notice a little bit on the dip stick. I'm talking a 1/4 of a toothpick in size. Cleared the dipstick and couldn't get any more milky color to show. It was all golden like it should be. My thought is from the week before I went less than a mile down the river and with humidity so high is it possible that condensation built up and my short run from last week just didn't burn off condensation? If I had a major issue, it sounds like (from the threads I've searched) is that the entire dipstick would look like that because water is continually entering the motor. I'm also wondering if its from the head gasket that I had to redo last year. Its the same motor I just had the top end done on and wondering if its related. I've changed the oil twice since then. In the end, its looks very minimal and I still have a nice golden oil color everywhere else. Is it possible condensation is building up a bit due to humidity? Just curious.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

high humidity can add moisture to the oil that may not get burnt off on short run because oil temp does not get hot enough to dissipate the moisture.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:27 AM
Registered

Thats what I was thinking. Living in MD and this past week has been insane. I just get anal with my boat and want to make sure I'm not losing my mind or over thinking things. I'm still trying to find some time to sort out the ground issue to my gauges that love to bounce on me haha.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

It`s condensation like Mike said , wouldn`t worry about it.
Gauges will do strange stuff if the ground is no good.
I`ve learned to run dedicated grounds to senders.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
It`s condensation like Mike said , wouldn`t worry about it.
Gauges will do strange stuff if the ground is no good.
I`ve learned to run dedicated grounds to senders.

Nice pic.