600SCI engine water Flow Issue

Notices

600SCI engine water Flow Issue

Old 07-28-2016, 06:10 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by bavboym3
Any chance you have a picture of where this T fitting is?
Follow your Fresh Water Flush (garden hose) connection hose as it heads toward your SWP. It will be in the line 1 1/4" hose from the transom assembly to the SWP. IF you have Sea Strainers, it will likely be between the transom assembly and sea strainer.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the new h20 sensor and flushed the oil cooler and the engine still is blocked and getting half the psi as the other.. The only thing I haven't done is cleaned my sea strainers out.. Could that be the issue? Also I could try what you said sydway
Old 07-28-2016, 11:09 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Yes, the sea strainers would have been the first thing I checked.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put the new h20 sensor and flushed the oil cooler and the engine still is blocked and getting half the psi as the other.. The only thing I haven't done is cleaned my sea strainers out.. Could that be the issue? Also I could try what you said sydway
For real?????
Start simple, go from there. If you have sea strainers, you shouldn't have debris in the oil cooler unless you've lost an impeller.
also make sure you don't have a kinked hose anywhere in the system. Good luck!

Last edited by buck35; 07-29-2016 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:09 AM
Registered

I haven't cleaned them cause they are so hard to reach. Can they be cleaned while the boat is in the water?
Old 07-29-2016, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They should be setup with shutoff valves so they can be cleaned in the water.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:29 AM
Registered

There are no shutoff valves. How hard will the water be pumping into the boat? Can I just open it quickly, and flush it out. Put it right back together? They are Livorsi strainers with the wing nut fasteners

Last edited by bavboym3; 07-29-2016 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-29-2016, 09:40 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

There are no shutoff valves. How hard will the water be pumping into the boat? Can I just open it quickly, and flush it out. Put it right back together? They are Livorsi strainers with the wing nut fasteners
Put something over your water pickups on the drives. You will get water coming in pretty quickly when you take the lids off. You can take a outdoor caliber garbage bag and put it over your water pickups on the drives individually which will limit your water coming through with the lids off.

Are you certain you do not have any debris in your drive's water pickups? You could even have zebra muscles or other growth in there as well.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Put something over your water pickups on the drives. You will get water coming in pretty quickly when you take the lids off. You can take a outdoor caliber garbage bag and put it over your water pickups on the drives individually which will limit your water coming through with the lids off.

Are you certain you do not have any debris in your drive's water pickups? You could even have zebra muscles or other growth in there as well.
Yes im possitive the drives are not the issue. So you are saying to bring my drives up all the way and put havy duty bags over them to limit the water from coming in the strainer. Hmm.. wouldnt the bag take in water when you try to put it over it. would I cover the whole drive, and prop with the bag?

Last edited by bavboym3; 07-29-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:21 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

You just need to find a way to close off the water intakes. If you put a large bag over the whole drive, and tie the handles at the top, there is only so much water that's going to come in the strainers. With fresh water, this is no big deal. You could also tape over the intake holes if you can find something that will stick underwater.

Do you leave this boat in the water all the time? That's not something I would do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.