Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Rpm issue ideas.... I'm lost.... >

Rpm issue ideas.... I'm lost....

Notices

Rpm issue ideas.... I'm lost....

Old 08-09-2016, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im trying to think... Everything different between the boat and the dyno... Waves... Vibrations.. Angle.. Drives... Trans
Old 08-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Might come to doing a compression and leak down unless you already have. I realize their fresh engines but...
Old 08-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Registered

Sounds dumb... But thinking out loud.. Do TRS have the fin anodes above the prop? Possible it kicked sideways when drive was out back on?
Old 08-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I did in fall both engines all 16 within 5 psi across board ..

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Might come to doing a compression and leak down unless you already have. I realize their fresh engines but...
Old 08-09-2016, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Tim I have the same issue on my Cafe. Both motors dead on until about 2800 RPM then the port lags between 100-200 RPM. It has been like this since I bought it. Changed the drives from 1.36 to 1.50 and propped accordingly, still the same lag. Bumped power on both motors, AFR's the same, went from 26 to 28 pitch bravo props, still the exact same issue. Did some prop testing and threw a set of labbed 27 pitch Hydromotives on it, couldn't plane for chit but both motors were dead nuts identical, I mean spot on through the entire RPM range. Went back to my 28 Bravos since they have worked the best, and stopped worrying about it.

A thought, have you swapped drives side to side, spinning in to see if the lag changes?
Old 08-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by donzi matt
Tim I have the same issue on my Cafe. Both motors dead on until about 2800 RPM then the port lags between 100-200 RPM. It has been like this since I bought it. Changed the drives from 1.36 to 1.50 and propped accordingly, still the same lag. Bumped power on both motors, AFR's the same, went from 26 to 28 pitch bravo props, still the exact same issue. Did some prop testing and threw a set of labbed 27 pitch Hydromotives on it, couldn't plane for chit but both motors were dead nuts identical, I mean spot on through the entire RPM range. Went back to my 28 Bravos since they have worked the best, and stopped worrying about it.

A thought, have you swapped drives side to side, spinning in to see if the lag changes?
Sounds very reasonable. Good post. Just looked back to post # 4 & 5 though???

Last edited by getrdunn; 08-09-2016 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

exactly, leading me to distributor, coil, and wiring to look at, floats good, airflow good, all the other things are good
Originally Posted by monster12valve
im trying to think... Everything different between the boat and the dyno... Waves... Vibrations.. Angle.. Drives... Trans
Old 08-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It lags with all 3 sets of props I have tried, never swapped drives but when I first did engines last June they were equal, then all of the sudden they were not and have yet to be, that's one reason I dynode to rule out engine issues, that's why I am trying to look at things that change once in the boat.

I must figure it out because I know its gotta be something dumb, I am gonna try everything I can until I figure it out lol

Originally Posted by donzi matt

Old 08-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

they why would they dyno identical?

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Old 08-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Registered

I don't know how your charging system is wired, but a simple check. Check all battery's and connections. Possible a alternator is causing more draw on one motor than the other. I could be way off, just a idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.