Notices

EFI Systems

Old 08-17-2016, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts
Default EFI Systems

I think I'm going to switch over to EFI this winter. It seems that Holley has a new 8 injector throttle body (sniper) that will support up to 1200 hp and FiTech has a system for 800 and 1200. Both have the ECU mounted on the actual throttle body for really easy installation. Has anyone ran the FiTech? The only downside I can see is that you have to run the O2 sensor all the time with the Fitech. The Sniper hasn't been released yet so the info is semi limited on it. I have dry exhaust so I'm not really concerned about the O2 issue. So any input on this subject.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you have to have a fuel return line with this system?
Old 08-17-2016, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

I think the holley has a return line, I believe the FiTech its optional. However not a big deal, my tank has fuel return bungs in it.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

That was why I asked, are the return ports factory? I don't have them on my tank. Also I know to be coast guard compliant there are some requirements for return lines. (not trying to be safety police, just mentioning it).
Old 08-17-2016, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

The Fi Tech offers the command center that you can dead head a mech pump into. Fi Tech is also coming out with a MPI kit for not much more money. From what I understand the Sniper is not ideal for blown applications.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:54 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Maine
That was why I asked, are the return ports factory? I don't have them on my tank. Also I know to be coast guard compliant there are some requirements for return lines. (not trying to be safety police, just mentioning it).
This is how I've ran returns:

http://www.cpperformance.com/c-500-f...s-returns.aspx

Old 08-17-2016, 09:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,044 Likes on 1,356 Posts

How do these two price up against each other, for lets say 700hp..........
Old 08-17-2016, 12:09 PM
Registered

If you already have a strong electric fuel pump and a return line both TBs are $995 for up to 600hp. Holley you can lock in a map where as the Fi Tech is strictly closed loop. When I spoke with them a few months ago the only issue with marine use was the O2 sensor getting wet. After playing with my wideband and seeing how much the mixture varies just from the time of day I'd go closed loop if that's an option.

Super Chevy's list.
http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...-market-today/

Last edited by Baja Rooster; 08-17-2016 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
If you already have a strong electric fuel pump and a return line both TBs are $995 for up to 600hp. Holley you can lock in a map where as the Fi Tech is strictly closed loop. When I spoke with them a few months ago the only issue with marine use was the O2 sensor getting wet. After playing with my wideband and seeing how much the mixture varies just from the time of day I'd go closed loop if that's an option.

Super Chevy's list.
http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...-market-today/
I was really digging the FiTech system for my upcoming project until I heard you can't lock in a tune. I thing on a boosted marine app that having an O2 sensor flake out and lean the engine out is not something I want to gamble on. Holley isn't out into reality yet either but also won't handle a blow through configuration like the FiTech.

I cant believe that it wouldn't take but a simple software change for the FiTech to be able to lock a tune in like the Holley. Anyone have a friend in the company and can get them to make the change? haha
Old 08-17-2016, 02:35 PM
Registered

Innovative makes a bung extender that dramatically protects the bung. I'm running a wideband and if it survives the season I'm going closed loop next year, but I'm keeping my wideband working in the other header to monitor things. If the FI sensor craps out I can use the other one to get home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.