DIY Winterization

Notices

DIY Winterization

Old 10-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts
Default DIY Winterization

Looking for any tips, illustrations and or homemade devices that you guys use when winterizing your IO engines for the winter.
I have 572's with SSM #3a's..........picked up 3 cases of the pink stuff and just want to know easiest way to run it thru the Eng.
blocks.............Everything else like oil change, fuel treatment & fogging I have a handle on......thanks, Scippy
Old 10-08-2016, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 369 Likes on 248 Posts

I warm the engine up, then take the plugs off from both sides of the block, clean the sand if any in the holes, same with manifold, put plugs back on, run the engine ps again feeding the drive with the pink stuff till it comes out of exhaust, and thats it... Was lucky like that up to now!
Old 10-09-2016, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drain the block and hand pour almost 4 gallons (454) into the top of the hose coming off the thermostat.

When antifreeze pours out of the thermostat housing, I reattach the hose and call it done.

Ken