Solid roller lifters? >

Solid roller lifters?

Notices

Solid roller lifters?

Old 12-23-2016, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
very well said bb.as the rocker ratio increases so does the ware on the parts.it,s just the law of physic,s.
X1000000000000 Higher rocker ratio's eat up HP as well and do put more of a strain on cam, lifters and there is more valve acceleration as mentioned .
Old 12-23-2016, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 1,476 Likes on 801 Posts

I knew there would be controversy over this and that's ok. I completely get why some may choose not to do and in some applications the HP rewards aren't worth the potential valvetrain issues. Yes I agree it may potentially add some strain. Done deal!!! Does it work and last on certain applications? Yes it does... I wouldn't expect everyone to agree however it is what it is. It can also just be used as a simple test to see if your engine likes the extra lift or not. Then order new cam accordingly. I've personally seen the cam specs and engine in question in earlier post get the livin dog chit beat out of it for years with worthy gain and no issues. So back to individual preference, build and components.

Anyone ever wonder why some cam companies even bother with different rocker ratios while advertising net lift? Even on BBC's.

I've used 1.8's permantly and flawlessly and I've also only used as testing purposes. Right wrong indifferent... I'd rather concentrate on the thread.

Last edited by getrdunn; 12-23-2016 at 08:41 PM.