Notices

Running Hard: RPM + Distance

Old 02-20-2017, 10:00 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
i am not the only person that noticed changes in Kevin the last year or so, I will just say that...
Did he always mention the name of his boat in posts or is that one of the changes?
Old 02-20-2017, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I have seen this on open sit down boats and have had a question for a while. On a open boat are you concerned if something did happen that you could be strapped in upside down?

I was talking to a friend that races and he said in open boats they don't strap in, only canopy boats. I mean I understand when running hard in rough it would be nice but that also is when you have a better chance of something happening.

Do you also wear vests? Just trying to think how that would be upside down strapped in with a vest on. (hopefully awake).

EDIT

KW what are you doing for yours?
His boats going to BADAZZ! 42 PR is my fav fountain

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...run-rerig.html

Unleashed originally was a canopy boat and the roof is just opened up, not completely cut off. There still is a canopy that wraps around and above our heads a little. If we do get knocked around hard, or crash, our heads will be smashed against the canopy without the seatbelts. We wear LifeLine manually inflatable life vest so if we are upside down we can swim out from under the canopy before pulling the cords for floatation. If anyone crashes an open boat or canopy boat, and is knocked unconscious, I think they are drastically more at risk than if they were concious.....yes there is a debate that's been going on for years about seat belts in open boats, but I spoke with multiple professionals and racers around the country that advised us to wear seat belts and manually inflatable race jackets since our boat still has 3/4 of a canopy. The first year we ran our seats were too low, and we did not have the proper jackets. Now she's all set up properly.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Did he always mention the name of his boat in posts or is that one of the changes?
Have you ever used the "search" function and looked back at a thread that someone's avatar boat did not match what boat they were referring to?

Just trying to be clear when I post

Old 02-20-2017, 10:41 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

No, I haven't. Just curious.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:06 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

I think Unleashed has 400 gals capacity but I'm not sure because I don't fill the front tanks and the motors generally don't run long enough to worry about the fuel level. I run Unleashed wide open about 38 secs at a time. Unleashed doesn't run hard in poker runs because it's on a trailer in a warehouse.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Not bothering anymore, I know how I feel, I know how others do, like how people feel about me, so what... moving on...
Old 02-20-2017, 12:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
I'm honestly sorry to hear that Tim, I'm just extremely passionate about boating and motorized toys. I have no intention of coming across the wrong way, and I am sincerely sorry if I do. I'm sure you struggle with a similar problem of being judged by people who have never met you........
True.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

We just like to boat and be on the water with friends and family. Depending on my crew and the conditions of Lake Michigan, some days we run hard whether it's WFO in 1-2' or 50 in 4'. Other days we cruise to our favorite waterside patios for lunch with our 4yr old
Old 02-20-2017, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Anyone else slam a bottle of sleeping pills and start jerking it to see if you can beat the pills? It's so hard.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Icdedppl and I just go to the playpen and back. 2 miles each way, we dont even get on plane. Fast idle only.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.