Question on 380 K planes >

Question on 380 K planes

Notices

Question on 380 K planes

Old 02-18-2017, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Question on 380 K planes

I picked up a set of new 380 bottom plates. I jumped the gun, and bought them without realizing, they made them in different styles. My old 280 tabs, have the solid pin where the trim ram mounts to the tab. The new plates I received, have the newer style "bushing" setup. Anyone ever ran into that? I'd rather not have to buy new trim rams. Anyone ever run into this?
Old 02-18-2017, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Just send them to me and I will ship you my 280's. Your problem solved.
You're welcome
Old 02-18-2017, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I picked up a set of new 380 bottom plates. I jumped the gun, and bought them without realizing, they made them in different styles. My old 280 tabs, have the solid pin where the trim ram mounts to the tab. The new plates I received, have the newer style "bushing" setup. Anyone ever ran into that? I'd rather not have to buy new trim rams. Anyone ever run into this?
pain in the ass to swap them .the pin that goes in them is bigger so u need to bush them down .however where the piston connects uses a rubber bushing and you would need a diff piston to make it work ..I had the new sty upper plates on hull and put the older style on my newer plates on hull .better to get the right plates .can it be made to work yes but in the long run way easier to sell and get correct plates
Old 02-19-2017, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by smokin' gun
pain in the ass to swap them .the pin that goes in them is bigger so u need to bush them down .however where the piston connects uses a rubber bushing and you would need a diff piston to make it work ..I had the new sty upper plates on hull and put the older style on my newer plates on hull .better to get the right plates .can it be made to work yes but in the long run way easier to sell and get correct plates
Makes sense. No need to turn it into a major project.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a similar issue 5 years ago when I bought a replacement transom plate for my 280s due to the old one corroding out and leaking. I didn't know that merc. had changed the design. I measured the biggest end of the ID of the new bigger tapered holes in the plate and bought some very think walled aluminum tubing with an OD to match it or maybe a little over it. Anyway I cut into chunks to match the width of the mounting plate bosses and drilled the center out to match my existing hinge pin. Finally I put a spare bolt I had laying around and put in thru the hole and held it against my belt sander to taper them to match the plate. I know thins sound like a lot of crap to do but it only took and afternoon to get done. It work great I have boat using hell out of it ever since with out issuse. I wish I could remember all the dimensions, but I didn't write them down and have slept since then. Anyway I don't know if that helps.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are interested in sell the 380 plates, I know someone looking.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:41 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Joe possible I might be looking at buying the 380 tabs - would have to be in really good condition as well. Thanks
Old 03-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Cobra Power

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I need one 380 bottom plate but I'd be interested in buying the pair if you will not be using these.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 1,492 Likes on 807 Posts

I remember the day you snatched them up. I was literally looking at the listing hmmhawwing over them as your post appeared. I never would have guessed there to be a difference either. That's to bad though. I'm sure you'll have no problems selling them. They look nice!
Old 03-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 1,492 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Joe possible I might be looking at buying the 380 tabs - would have to be in really good condition as well. Thanks
I'm pretty sure they are new. I remember the listing not long ago. Do a search on 380's. Like maybe 3 weeks ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.