Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Does hail damage boat even if nothing is visible ? >

Does hail damage boat even if nothing is visible ?

Notices

Does hail damage boat even if nothing is visible ?

Old 03-28-2017, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Highland village and corinth got slammed by that storm . Hope it works out with the ins
Old 03-28-2017, 12:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Hail actually can tear up interior - you need to inspect all the seams and any cracked damaged vinyl also structures. It would be wise to clean you hull and the sides. Look at the sides of the hull and tops under different shades of the sun and really wise to inspect under florescent lites like in a building.

Also look at your rub rail VERY CLOSE because they can end up looking like a small ball peen hammer hit them all over the place. We have inspected many hail claims for customers and the Insurance companies.

Bow light and any aluminum and all plastic & aluminum vents to look at as well. Really every thing including the trailer needs to be inspected even for slight dents and or more.
Thanks John, I'll make sure to take a closer look in those areas !
Old 03-28-2017, 12:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Griff
My Pantera got hit with some 2" + diameter hail. It was hooked to my truck. I had the full cover on and the boat did not have any damage.
The truck and house had about 15k combined damage.
This is what I'm hoping for !
Old 03-28-2017, 12:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by airjunky
Highland village and corinth got slammed by that storm . Hope it works out with the ins
Your not kidding!

I'm sitting at safelite auto glass and these cars are beat to crap and it's a 3hour Waite even with appointment!
Old 03-28-2017, 01:50 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

FWIW...
I posted a picture on FB some time back of all of my cars/etc. stuffed panel to panel in my barn in prep for a hail storm.
Pat from AT told me to move the boat outside and stick everything his ATs won't dent.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:57 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

depends on the size of the hail for damage to none -- 2 inch hale compared to softball size hail is a huge difference.

We have had the softball size hail in the past. Nothing faired to well in those direct hits for 10 mins straight.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right. When your car gets hail damage INSIDE the garage.....softball sized hail doesn't stop when it hits a roof. It comes right on thru, and dents the carpet.

There were metal buildings that got hit so hard they were torn down after the softball hail storm in Wylie last year. Hundreds of holes all over the building, knocked the lights off the ceiling and demolished everything inside.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a checkmate a while back and that happened to, cracked the glass in the hatch, boat was fine, was on a cruiser in a slip one time was hit hard, killed the top and canvas, looked like shot hundred times with slugs !!!
Old 03-29-2017, 08:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well I didn't see any damage others than one vent cover in the rear has been broken !
Windscreen, rubrails etc all good !!

Then of coarse when top was off it rained like crazy and Then I find out that my Rv in Abilene just took a beating from some pretty big hail sky light busted, I'm sure rain got it in, dag, guess it's my turn !!
Old 03-29-2017, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The one that came through last nite flipped a big pontoon boat over into the neighbors pool over by hidden cove park.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.