How to Remove This Charger? >

How to Remove This Charger?

Notices

How to Remove This Charger?

Old 04-29-2017, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
Default How to Remove This Charger?

My boat has a circa 1996 Promariner 30 Charger (I know a 60 is pictured, same mounting system) that I'm upgrading. I can't for the life of me figure out how to dismount it. I assume it removes from the cradle/mount that you can see at the top of the picture but I don't see any locking tabs and it won't budge in any direction. Does anyone have an idea or experience with these? Manufacturers website doesn't list the manual for it. Thanks for any help you can lend!

Keith
Old 04-30-2017, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 1,489 Likes on 805 Posts

Walk away from it and go back and look again. Works sometimes. Lol. Is there screws that hold the cover on and possible screwed or through bolted from behind cover? There's typically a mounting flange on each side but evidently not on that dinosaur. Are you looking to remove it to replace with a newer one???

Somebody didn't 5200 it on did they? Wish I could be more help. I had older style mariner installed at factory in 92 boat but never had to remove it. Something of that era would seem simple but go figure.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Walk away from it and go back and look again. Works sometimes. Lol. Is there screws that hold the cover on and possible screwed or through bolted from behind cover? There's typically a mounting flange on each side but evidently not on that dinosaur. Are you looking to remove it to replace with a newer one???

Somebody didn't 5200 it on did they? Wish I could be more help. I had older style mariner installed at factory in 92 boat but never had to remove it. Something of that era would seem simple but go figure.
I'll go back to it this week. Pro Mariner says there mounting screws on the side. I can only see the left and bottom side (as pictured above) due to it being mounted wiht very limited access under my rear bench seat structure that isn't removable. I'm replacing it and their CS also said the same thing about 5200 usage. May have to get the hack saw and sawzall out. Dammit!
Old 05-02-2017, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I say use a BFH..... always works for me
Old 05-10-2017, 10:24 AM
Registered

Got it. The screws on the sides were so rusted over they weren't recognizable. Added alot of space below the rear bench seat with that brick out of there!