Fountain Windshield Info >

Fountain Windshield Info

Notices

Fountain Windshield Info

Old 06-17-2017, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Fountain Windshield Info

Any of the Fountain guys happen to know how thick the Fountain windshields are? Unfortunately, I don't have the model right now (boat looks to be 35" or so in the pic I have), so if there are differences by model, I am up the proverbial creek. All I know at the moment is, the windshield is frameless and has a wind kick up at the top. It looks in the picture like it's about 3/8" thick, but just not sure.
Just found out it;s a 38 Fever.

Last edited by shunter2005; 06-17-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

my 35 is 3/8 thick,,,are you making one?
Old 06-17-2017, 04:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
my 35 is 3/8 thick,,,are you making one?
That is what I guessed. I would bet that most all of the models are the same thickness. My windshield (not a Fountain) is the same.

No, making wind deflectors for one and need to know the thickness for the rubber inserts.

Thanks
Old 06-17-2017, 08:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

I've got the acrylic screen off my old Fountain cc and I just measured it at 9mm (3/8 inch). I'd expect all Fountains use the same thickness, it's surprisingly heavy and incredibly strong.
When I cut the screen down to a small low profile one, I kept the bigger part 'cos it could be useful one day. If you were in my area I'd say drop by and pick it up...... Sorry....

RR
Old 06-17-2017, 10:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rak rua
I've got the acrylic screen off my old Fountain cc and I just measured it at 9mm (3/8 inch). I'd expect all Fountains use the same thickness, it's surprisingly heavy and incredibly strong.
When I cut the screen down to a small low profile one, I kept the bigger part 'cos it could be useful one day. If you were in my area I'd say drop by and pick it up...... Sorry....

RR
Thanks. I agree and that the 3/8" may be somewhat of the standard for Fountain. I just needed to find the thickness so I can get these deflectors finished and mailed off. I just wasn't sure if the buyer measured the thickness correctly. Thanks guys.