boat options and questions >

boat options and questions

Notices

boat options and questions

Old 07-08-2017, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boat options and questions

Hi All.. New to this forum and boating. I have never owned a boat but been on friends boats fishing in the Northeast. Not sure if this is the right place to post but here are some questions I have:

1- inboard or outboard? which is cheaper to operate, most reliable, for a noob I want to hear from others who bought either or and have options if they were to do it all over again?
2- When buying a used boat how old is too old?
3- when buying a used boat what would you replace right away for ease of mind? batteries, water pump? what tends to go on boats fast?

I am looking at a 1998 bayliner trophy with a 150 mercury engine. Boat seams to be in good condition and it has what I like a walk around with cuddy. asking price is $9500 ? is this a good deal or boat too old?
Old 07-08-2017, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just spoke to boat owner, boat has a Mercury 150 hp 2 stroke if that makes any difference.