Picking the correct parts for its intended use >

Picking the correct parts for its intended use

Notices

Picking the correct parts for its intended use

Old 08-21-2017, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
I believe the anti cav pumps give you low oil pressure at idle?

I'm also having trouble with the Hardin bulkhead leaking. I've tried over tightening, under tightening, different thread sealers, and the "Out" port will not stop leaking.
Have you tried Quiksilver Perfect Seal? Buddy who is a career boat mechanic swears by it.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Tractionless
Have you tried Quiksilver Perfect Seal? Buddy who is a career boat mechanic swears by it.
I'll give it a shot, thanks.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 860 Likes on 311 Posts

just a stupid question but are you sure that they are tapered pipe thread? reason I ask is I have some oil filter heads that I was told are tapered thread and they leaked some no matter what. I looked at them close and figured out they were straight pipe with an o-ring. after I changed the fittings they have never leaked again.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
just a stupid question but are you sure that they are tapered pipe thread? reason I ask is I have some oil filter heads that I was told are tapered thread and they leaked some no matter what. I looked at them close and figured out they were straight pipe with an o-ring. after I changed the fittings they have never leaked again.
Not at all in fact I went back to look as well. The one I have says: Incorporating a large single 3/4" NPT inlet port and dual 3/4" NPT outlet ports the oil lines can be run straight thru or 90 degrees from each other There is also an 1/8" NPT port

I will also be trying the quicksilver or permatex #2 instead of tape