Carb tunning question >

Carb tunning question

Notices

Carb tunning question

Old 08-25-2017, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cabin fever
Thanks. Im gonna send the distributor back to msd over the winter to get rebuilt so ill look at locking it oit when i get it back

for now ill make it work till winter.
Before you send the distributor back try this its easy and it will take less than 30 minutes I have a feeling you'll improve if not get way closer were you need to be. Remove the cap and rotor remove the two springs and replace with the springs with the light blue MSD springs and underneath the rotor plate there's a 3/8 nut with a stainless washer that holds a bushing in place remove the bushing and replace it with the MSD black bushing . Start the engine and set the base timing at 20 degrees and check the total timing to not exceed 35 degrees by 3500 rpm. Please let us know how it works for you and also if you don't have the springs and the bushing call me with your address and I'll send it to you no charge. Sincerely Laz
Old 08-26-2017, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I would take the caps and rotors off, and take a good look at the advance mechanisms. They are notorious for rusting, sticking, binding, broken springs, and so on.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually had the distributor out this summer and cleaned it up while the motor was being rebuilt. It looked ok to me but i dont remember what springs/bushing were in it

Saturday the boat actually idled pretty good in and out of gear but the idle was a little higher the. I want was right under 1000 in neutral. I think it needs to ne around 800 for the bravo?