Engine Stands for deep oil pans

Notices

Engine Stands for deep oil pans

Old 09-11-2017, 04:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Engine Stands for deep oil pans

Good morning, would anyone know of a set of these tow piece engine stands that will clear a deep 14qt oil pan? I don't mean width wise, I know they clear on the sides but rather leg length wise; in other words a set that the legs will touch the ground before the bottom of the pan? Thanks. JEGS Performance Products 80063: Two Piece Engine Storage Stand for Small Block and Big Block Chevrolet Engine | JEGS
Old 09-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 945 Likes on 474 Posts

if it doesn't clear as is then install bigger casters on it

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-11-2017, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wally
if it doesn't clear as is then install bigger casters on it
Yeah, thats a consideration I thought of but rather than shooting from the hip I want to know if anyone has seen ones designed to work work with deep pan..?
Old 09-11-2017, 03:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

you can find them, but there more than 69 bucks

Heavy Duty, BBC, SBC, Big Block, Small Block Engine Cradles, Stand, GM, Chevy | eBay
Old 09-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

the stock pan hangs down about 1/2 inch below the bottom of the frame. Jegs sez it is flush with rail but pic sez otherwise. so you have room for 3 to 4 inches more of pan before getting close to the floor. and it looks like you can shim the casters up another 3/4 inch. so how much deeper than stock is your pan? I would also cut a piece of 2 by 4 and place it between top of rail and bottom of block where flywheel is to keep it from sagging...like the heavy duty ebay one did. I love it when I get these brilliant ideas and see everyone else had it too.

Last edited by dereknkathy; 09-11-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
I've seen those too, not what I want. I'm not removing the bellhousings initally.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
the stock pan hangs down about 1/2 inch below the bottom of the frame. Jegs sez it is flush with rail but pic sez otherwise. so you have room for 3 to 4 inches more of pan before getting close to the floor. and it looks like you can shim the casters up another 3/4 inch. so how much deeper than stock is your pan? I would also cut a piece of 2 by 4 and place it between top of rail and bottom of block where flywheel is to keep it from sagging...like the heavy duty ebay one did. I love it when I get these brilliant ideas and see everyone else had it too.
I hear you, I could shim them yes, my question was has anyone seen the Z type specifically for deep pans. I have to remeasure the depth of the pans, I had a set of stands on my motor last month and they were a good bit shy of the floor. Yes I can mod them-just wanted to see if there were some that existed before necessitating that... The Z type is the design I'd like to use at the moment. I could build my own and get them exactly the way I want them but I have ZERO time for that.

Last edited by Rhythm and Blues; 09-11-2017 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhythm and Blues
I've seen those too, not what I want. I'm not removing the bellhousings initally.
then you should of stated that, put a full dressed engine on that pos you posted and see what happens........I built mine with bell housing supports
Old 09-11-2017, 05:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
then you should of stated that, put a full dressed engine on that pos you posted and see what happens........I built mine with bell housing supports
No need to get huffy, I have put my fully dressed engine carb to pan full of oil with excessories on a set and they were great just not tall enough, hence the initial question. I appreciate your input, I do; but so it goes with most forums and threads people tend to stray off course and neglect the black and white of the question.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Found them, actually from the guy I bought my outdrive jack from. Great price and stout units. Thanks for all that contributed.
Chevy Cradles
Attached Images