Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Possible to Identify Bulkhead/stringer Damage from Vertical Paint "Wrinkle"? >

Possible to Identify Bulkhead/stringer Damage from Vertical Paint "Wrinkle"?

Notices

Possible to Identify Bulkhead/stringer Damage from Vertical Paint "Wrinkle"?

Old 10-26-2017, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible to Identify Bulkhead/stringer Damage from Vertical Paint "Wrinkle"?

trying to see if anyone can help here -
am i nuts or does this look like a potential HUGE issue with the hull - just from looking at the "Vertical Wrinkle" in the paint....?

Last edited by BocaVice; 10-26-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

You cannot directly upload pics to OSO without a paid membership.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Postimage.org works good. Quick easy sign up.

Last edited by dereknkathy; 10-26-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Yes get a membership and post some pics. What your saying isn't completely making sense. Is it below the water line where the problem is or are you thinking cosmeti cracking in the gel coat. The wrinkling part is what is not making sense.

Btw your membership with OSO is an excellent site for you to utilize not only when you have a problem but to keep up with boat related projects.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:48 PM
Registered

ok - thanks for the heads up on the membership and the pics - you'd think the site would say this -....anyhow..

Here we go with some pics -

yes above the water line - as shown with circle (well my *** up version of circle) thx
Attached Thumbnails Possible to Identify Bulkhead/stringer Damage from Vertical Paint "Wrinkle"?-vertical-issue-mag-27.jpg   Possible to Identify Bulkhead/stringer Damage from Vertical Paint "Wrinkle"?-20171025_155015.jpg   Possible to Identify Bulkhead/stringer Damage from Vertical Paint "Wrinkle"?-issue-hull-paint.png  

Possible to Identify Bulkhead/stringer Damage from Vertical Paint "Wrinkle"?-img_2645.jpg   Possible to Identify Bulkhead/stringer Damage from Vertical Paint "Wrinkle"?-img_2646.jpg   Possible to Identify Bulkhead/stringer Damage from Vertical Paint "Wrinkle"?-img_2649.jpg  

Possible to Identify Bulkhead/stringer Damage from Vertical Paint "Wrinkle"?-img_2650.jpg   Possible to Identify Bulkhead/stringer Damage from Vertical Paint "Wrinkle"?-img_2644454.jpg  

Last edited by BocaVice; 10-26-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Looks like maybe a bulkhead built there.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

I've been staring at it for several minutes now and that was my thought also but then where the blue line is drawn around the area mentioned looks like it would be back to far. The one line / crack forward of the drawn line is what I initially was looking at. I see every part of the road lines and grass clumps in the reflection that's for certain. Kinda of a bad angle honestly.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:27 PM
Registered

Ok - i'll get some better pics tomorrow and thanks for the input -
Over all any comments on her? -besides being from the 80's - i was told it was Don Aronow's personal boat from when he built the Magnum factory as this is a 27' Magnum.
She's setup with racing side-by-side seats built for either racing or smuggling or a little of both seating is way in the stern with little to no bench room between sit down bolsters and stern bench.

End of day i'm looking for a cheap starter boat (oxymoron i know) at running either an OPA or SBI circuit / lower classes of course - but thinking she might just be too old..
I haven't done a compression test yet on the merc's but surely will if i can get the $ right -
Old 10-26-2017, 11:02 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

My AT has a similar line from the where the bulkhead is mated to the hull. I've had the boat 10 years and it has not changed at all.
My hull sides white at that point and I doubt anyone else even notices it. I'm sure it would stand out more with a darker color.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by BocaVice
ok - thanks for the heads up on the membership and the pics - you'd think the site would say this -....anyhow..

Here we go with some pics -

yes above the water line - as shown with circle (well my *** up version of circle) thx
That's the bulkhead, if you go inside you can see the bulkhead mated to side of the boat..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.