Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Circulator pump or bypass which is better >

Circulator pump or bypass which is better

Notices

Circulator pump or bypass which is better

Old 11-03-2017, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice thing about that ZZ cam is GM likes to build motors to last the warranty period. So the lift numbers are high enough for some good power without tearing up the valve train like .600-plus cams. How many other cams can you run with dog bones and net-lash rockers?
Old 11-03-2017, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

About a year and a half ago I swapped out my tired for4 54 for a 502 that I bought from a guy who is right in the middle of having it rebuilt by a guy in St. Petersburg I won't mention his name and he recommended the zz 502 cam. at that point I knew very little about four strokes I'm more of an outbourd guy from way back but I took his judgment and put the engine to gather but within a year one of the heads rusted out and I got water into the cylinder . Since I had no trouble with milky oil or any kind of a virgin issues until the point that had took a dump I decided to stick with it it was already bought and paid for and it makes pretty decent power .