Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Cam and lifter advice >

Cam and lifter advice

Notices

Cam and lifter advice

Old 02-02-2018, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Dont know if its right for you, but the gen 6 Im building I used crane 13532-16, got them thru walmart.......

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Crane-Classic-Hydraulic-Roller-Big-Block-Chevy-16-pc-P-N-13532-16/112440378

Old 02-05-2018, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
As my engine rebuild unfolds more and more I'm questioning whether or not I should use the cam and lifters I have....I bought the cam and lifters with a set of dart heads and I don't doubt what the gentleman on here told me I'm just wondering if this setup will be the best fit for my engine.....The specs he gave me for the cam are 245int 255ext and 632 lift and no idea on brand of the lifters was told cam is comp...they are standard hydraulic roller lifters with a tie bar....he told me the heads were fitted with valve springs for the cam and it was all set up by keith eickert....was told it all has 145 hours on it

details of my engine.....454 bored to 496 most likely not sure on that yet....dart iron eagle heads....b&m 256 blower with chiller shooting for 7-8 psi....dual holleys....cmi headers with dry to tip tails

I just want to try and do this build once and not get it all together and find out this is the wrong cam for me

thanks!!
Any idea what lobe separation the cam is?
Old 02-05-2018, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 248 Likes on 124 Posts

No I don’t...there’s a #113 etched into the end of the cam along with some other random numbers...that’s all I know