Which Cylinder Head ? Brodix , Profiler , AFR , Dart >

Which Cylinder Head ? Brodix , Profiler , AFR , Dart

Notices

Which Cylinder Head ? Brodix , Profiler , AFR , Dart

Old 03-07-2018, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnitagain
Profiler has some 12* Heads with a 55* seat , Im using the conventional 24* heads with 45* seats.
My machine shop has a Newen Contour seat machine so we will do a valve job any how .
Most of the valve jobs on ready to run heads are questionable anyhow .
the ones with 50 deg seats were the 375cc sniper x conventional heads if im not mistaken. The smaller 345 or 355 had 45 deg seat cuts. I was told if you change seat angles, the chamber needs to be worked as well to complement the angle change.

just something worth noting. I wouldn't want to buy a head then have to recut seat angles and modify combustion chamber. I believe when the head is cnc ported, the program shapes the chamber to blend with a specific valve angle that will be used in that casting.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

The 375's do have a 50* Seat in a prefinished or ready to run head , I bought bare heads no valve job.