Notices

700sci Help

Old 03-22-2018, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 700sci Help

i just refreshed my 09 700’s. Didn’t modify or change the recipe. Wanting to run the engines in the garage before reinstalling in the boat.
Anybody run the 700’s outside the boat on a run stand?
I have a 14 pin to 10 pin adapter with an old analog gauge cluster. Engine starts and runs on the stand, but the gauge cluster doesn’t work.
Wanting to see some vital information like tach, oil pressure. I have a mechanical fuel pressure gauge hooked up on the schrader valve, could hook up a mechanical oil pressure gauge, but can’t figure out how to get a tach reading.
Anybody got any words of wisdom?
Old 03-22-2018, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The 700SCi doesn't have analog outputs for engine data, you'll need the Mercury Racing AGI adapter to convert the NMEA messages from the PCM to analog outputs that will work with your gauges. Not a simple task... Maybe just make sure you don't have any leaks and put them back in the boat.

GF?
Old 03-22-2018, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought about that too.
I got a spare AGI box, but not the adapter for the harness.
Thanks
Old 03-23-2018, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I have an old OTC DVOM with tach capability. (plug wire inductive clamp) ...not that, that helps you - just making a statement.

Have you checked at Harbor Freight for something similar? Not sure how accurate you want to be. If accuracy is necessary, you might look at Fluke for a solution. My Fluke 87 doesn't have tach input.