Fuel pressure loss at high rpm >

Fuel pressure loss at high rpm

Notices

Fuel pressure loss at high rpm

Old 05-05-2018, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
Did you actually pull the pick up tube out of the tank? Eddie young has often found some funky install issues there from the factory.
No I haven’t. I tried once. It’s on there pretty good to the point I was flexing the tank bad. Too nervous about breaking it.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

BTW is the fuel pressure gauge mechanical or electrical?
Old 05-05-2018, 03:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AllDodge
BTW is the fuel pressure gauge mechanical or electrical?
Electric. I’ve tried 3 different senders and 2 gauges. I ran a remote mechanical off the fuel log and it showed the same result.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Registered

I guess at this point it has to be either the pick up or carb. I just can’t wrap my head around how it could be the pick up since I’ve tried it directly out of a gas can with same issue. I don’t know much about carbs either so not really sure if that logical but easy enough to be worth a try.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

that KE unit replaces the head on the pump...do you still have the stock head??? how is the belt / tension/ pulley condition????
Old 05-05-2018, 05:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
that KE unit replaces the head on the pump...do you still have the stock head??? how is the belt / tension/ pulley condition????
I have replaced the upper with a stock one. I’m not aware of any upgrades for that. Same thing on the other engine. Doesn’t seem to be any bearing play. Pulley rotates easy and no wobble. Belt tension is good but really don’t know how to tell if it’s slipping at rpm. I will put a new one on and try it. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonichunter
I guess at this point it has to be either the pick up or carb. I just can’t wrap my head around how it could be the pick up since I’ve tried it directly out of a gas can with same issue. I don’t know much about carbs either so not really sure if that logical but easy enough to be worth a try.
I doubt it would be the carb. With such a drastic drop in pressure would indicate a stuck float and dumping a lot of gas in the engine. It would bog down and you would have black smoke and stall.

I would replace the fuel lines. Marine fuel lines are different than auto. Marine lines have to be vapor impermeable. Marine lines have a liner that can come lose and cause a restriction or worse come apart and plug filters, injectors etc.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by frickstyle
Whenever I lost pressure, it was a dirty/plugged filter. I run Fuel/Water sep > 100 micron > pump > 10 micron > dist block w/ return regulator > carb. Is a filter getting dirty? (This is on an electric pump setup).

ALSO, I just noticed one of my lines might be getting restricted coming out of the bulkhead, turning 90deg. I saw it dropping on the gauge last time out, but put the boat away before I could determine root cause. (Filters looked good when I changed them).

Check to make sure you have smooth transitions, and no kinks or collapsing. For it to happen on only one, something is being restricted, or the pump is whooped? (Some of this sounds elementary, which you have probably already checked).
i have checked all that...I appreciate the reply though
Old 05-05-2018, 10:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by justfishing
I doubt it would be the carb. With such a drastic drop in pressure would indicate a stuck float and dumping a lot of gas in the engine. It would bog down and you would have black smoke and stall.

I would replace the fuel lines. Marine fuel lines are different than auto. Marine lines have to be vapor impermeable. Marine lines have a liner that can come lose and cause a restriction or worse come apart and plug filters, injectors etc.
I’ve replaced all the fuel lines with marine grade. Tank to carb....
Old 05-06-2018, 03:49 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Swap the water pump with fuel pump then see what happens

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.