Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Predator Carbs >

Predator Carbs

Notices

Predator Carbs

Old 10-23-2002, 08:23 AM
Tee

Default Predator Carbs

Looking at replacing the Holleys on my motor with a pair of these.
Anyone have any experience with them. My motor is a 355 SBC w/ 6-71, Intercooled, 10psi boost. Currently running twin 650 double pumpers.
Thanks -------- Tee

Old 10-23-2002, 11:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting thread.
I have very little knowlege of these carbs. I know alot of drag racers use it but beyond that, I don't know.
Hopefully someone here has some experince with them.
Old 10-23-2002, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

They have always looked interesting, but from what I understand they are primarily for drag racing.
It would be nice to hear from someone with first hand experience of the Predator on a performance boat.
Old 10-23-2002, 12:18 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A freind of mine ran one on a BigBlock sand truck for a while......could'nt get it tuned right and went back to a holley, it had great throttle responce!!!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had about a dozen of them . Ran them on mud racers and prostreeters . They are all buisness ! They are not real drivable or good on gas but they have throttle responce out the but !!!
I had one set so bad that I had the owner of predator (Dale ) here on Thanksgiving morning at 7am tuning it on his way to his inlaws house !! I tried 1 a couple times on a boat . It was real hard to get to idle clean and not foul plugs . But it would pull 10 times harder then any holey I ever had , and had about an extra 500 rpm's over my 850 holley's ! I had 2 on my 55 ford prostreet 472 " tunnel ram pickup . IT was cool ! It was hard to tune though . I tried several sets of holley 750 and 850's and they were real weak compared to the Predators . It felt like it lost 200 horse power with the holleys . I used to be able to smoke the tires (16" tread) @60mph in high gear with ease with the Predators and then with the hiolleys I had to jump on it hard and could barely turn um in 2nd gear ! BUt it was more user friendly ........ I think I have 2 or 3 left if you want to play with them . Let me know and I'll check it out . Give you a great deal !! Joe . email me at [email protected] if you want .
Old 10-23-2002, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't get me wrong , they will work with some effort .
The one guy that works for them has a small block Elcomino that runs 2 on a tunnel ram and he drives it to work almost every day ! All the monster trucks run them too . some have 3 of them on a blower ! I bet they would work sweet on a blower !! But I never tried that one ...... JOE
Old 10-23-2002, 06:36 PM
Registered

If it mattes those carbs are not CG approved. Also I would never buy anything from that lying hack, Dale. He did such a butcher job on my boat I feel sick just thinking about it. Stay away from that guy and anything he sells!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 07:32 PM
Registered

Hey Ken come on man tell us how you really feel.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:15 PM
Registered

I don't have the energy anymore!
Old 10-24-2002, 10:30 AM
Tee

Boot, you have mail ----------- Tee

Quick Reply: Predator Carbs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.