Guess the new power game! >

Guess the new power game!

Notices

Guess the new power game!

Old 11-10-2018, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Is the plan to still get the motor dynoed? Take it from someone who really wishes they dynoed their motor when they had the chance, have it dynoed!
I do agree that a dyno would be optimal but at this point it’s shoved in the boat and hopefully not coming out. I do have a wideband so tuning on the water will be done. If it was a higher end build then I’d definitely make sure to dyno it, but it’s pretty much just a warmed over formula of a stock Merc. As long as the machine shop did their job it should be ok.

Originally Posted by getrdunn

Where does the inner SS pipe end in reference to the weld on those CMI's? Be nice if it was back far enough to have wideband o2 sensors. No need for dyno.
The water doesn’t exit until the last 1/2” of the tip which is nearly to the transom. I’ve ran a wideband with an O2 for two seasons now with no issues even with that 110lsa ZZ502 cam, which was definitely sucking water.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Finally made it out with the new engine and all went well! Still shy of two hours run time (probably an hour of that on the hose) so no wot runs but from cruising at 3500rpms it launches hard and keeps pulling where the previous engine fizzled out a bit. Pretty stoked with it.

The Holley Sniper works like a charm and I don’t miss fiddling with jets the slightest. Having a small issue setting the IAC to the correct parameters but it runs great.

Idle 13.5
cruise 12.8
WOT 12.5

Verifying AFRs with a wideband on the odd bank and the two sides are within .2 of each other, as near as I can tell.

Cold oil oil pressure at cold was a bit high for my taste at 75psi but eventually got back to 60 and 20 at idle after a moderately brisk run. 30w Brad Penn break in oil.
The following users liked this post:
hogie roll (08-21-2020), SFOcean (07-08-2019)