Bennett AutoTrim Pro >

Bennett AutoTrim Pro

Notices

Bennett AutoTrim Pro

Old 09-18-2018, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bennett AutoTrim Pro

Has anyone ever installed the Autotrim pro from Bennett? It seems like it would work well. I don't have any indicators for my trim tabs on my Fastech 292 and this would add indicators as well as not having to trim on my own. Any opinions on this?
Old 09-18-2018, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

I installed them on my cruiser and so far I have yet to have them work correctly. This started in November last year during the winter. Started calibrating and trying to get them to work starting in May and I'm waiting on some more parts today to try again. So far have installed 2 complete systems and 5 other control units. They are sending me another cable and display (the display is the switch panel) today. The issue is if it does calibrate, it doesn't auto trim all the time, and so far when it does start to auto trim it puts tabs full down and I'm plowing water.

Gets kind of dangerous when doing 35mph, but going faster could be really bad. The link below has the story

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/gene...to-pro-install
Old 09-18-2018, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what you're saying is that I should just get a set of indicators to let me know what the tabs are doing and not go with the auto mode stuff. That might be less expensive and from what I've read on yours, a whole lot less aggravation. I'm looking at doing this in the winter so I have them set for next year. If Bennett doesn't have things together yet, then I don't want to be a test case like you seem to have ended up.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:36 AM
Registered

They seem to show where the tabs are, only once did they not do this. So if you want to know where they are then they will work, but kind of expensive for just that function. The mechanical gauges for the K planes are not cheap either. Guess we just pick or poison.

Don't know how long it will take to get them working correctly, but since I pay shipping back, it just keeps costing more. Some others on other forums just gave up and just use them manually. If installing didn't require me to cut a larger hole I would strongly thing about return and install the original. So I can't go back, so I'm stuck for now
Old 09-19-2018, 05:07 PM
Registered

Just a thought, but Bennett does make a add on indicator for existing tabs. Search for EIC 5000 and Hoges marine sells then for about $250
This is a cheaper option then the full ATP

Installed another complete system today and they did the same thing. So talking to another tech he mentioned about installing in horizontally, where mine are vertical. Bennett has reconfirmed the mounting does not matter. So I changed locations of the control box and it started working better. Still need to test some more but looks promising

There is another guy on swap the has the control for sale
Bennett digital indicators and controls BRAND NEW IN THE BOX
Old 11-11-2021, 01:59 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone using Auto Trim Pro? Anyone w autopilot? My boat is very sensitive to the trim and I do 100+ mile one way offshore runs so if the system works well I'm going to jump on it.
Old 11-11-2021, 07:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tbev
Anyone using Auto Trim Pro? Anyone w autopilot? My boat is very sensitive to the trim and I do 100+ mile one way offshore runs so if the system works well I'm going to jump on it.
Yes I have it installed. Think I'm on number 6 now. They work and then they go haywire, or at least mine has. Got a large wright up
https://forums.iboats.com/threads/be...nstall.696124/
The following users liked this post:
tbev (11-11-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, I've probably read just about everything you've posted then. What a bummer, I'd love to have them, if the were reliable I'd order them today. I have seen much better reviews regarding the Lenco version, I'm looking into the possibility of using their control with Bennett's old hydraulic setup.
AllDodge (11-11-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts

I wouldn't mind indicators either on my 292. For most take offs (2 people) I don't bother to drop the trim tabs, it doesn't seem to make any real difference. I do trim the drives all the way down.
With 4+ on board + cargo I'll drop the tabs.

When up on plane, I"ll just hold both UP for a while until I know they are both all the way up, then trim one down to make sure I'm level side/side.

When it gets rough enough I'll lower both to keep the nose down while running at lower mph if I have to.

I've priced them, and even though my boat got new engines in 2020, then new external hydro steering (Worth every penny) in 2021, and might get new transom assemblies in 2025, I just can't bring myself to justify tab indicators.

tbev (11-12-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 05:45 PM
Registered

When trimpro works its great. I have folks move around while running and it keeps it on a constant level. When it doesn't it can be a pain to bad.

The following 2 users liked this post by AllDodge:
SabrToothSqrl (11-11-2021), tbev (11-11-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.