Bennett Trim Tab Indicators ??? >

Bennett Trim Tab Indicators ???

Notices

Bennett Trim Tab Indicators ???

Old 10-29-2002, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bennett Trim Tab Indicators ???

O.k. guys, I need some help. I am re-doing my entire dash panel, gauges, throttles and trim indicators all in white. My Excalibur has the Bennett trim tabs with the horrible trimdicator BLACK box's that sit on the top of my dash with the red LED numbers. I want these things GONE. I need some advise as to what my options are. I would like the look of the Gaffrig flat panel indicators that mount flush against your dash and come in WHITE. I know very little about this subject. I just need to know if it is possible to keep my Bennet trim tabs, yet just replace the indicators, if so what type will work correctly???

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2002, 02:03 PM
turbo2256

I believe Stainless Marine has them

Old 10-29-2002, 03:21 PM
Registered

Is this what you are referring to???? This "stainless steel" indicator would work with the Bennetts??
Attached Thumbnails Bennett Trim Tab Indicators ???-trim1.jpg  
Old 10-29-2002, 03:48 PM
Registered

The Bennetts are electrical and the others are all mechanical I think.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:01 PM
Registered

Purchased ours from Stainless, if your's are not listed on their web site give them a call. They can make anything.
Old 10-30-2002, 02:36 AM
blue64drop

if you want to sell the trimdicators after you finish, let me know. i don't have room in my dash for the mechanical ones.

thanks.
Ned

[email protected]

Old 10-30-2002, 07:46 AM
Registered

The Bennet electrical trim indicators are the biggest piece of sh-t on the market. I had a set on my old Formula. Replaced multiple CPU's, as well as multiple senders that are contained inside the trim cylinders. Bennet was great at sending replacement parts at no charge. However, after multiple failures, I spoke to one of their engineers who indicated that the system is not meant for a performance boat and they never did any testing for speed in conjunction with bumpy or rough water. If your boat goes over 50 MPH, save your $'s. You could not pay me to put the Bennets on anything. Mechanicals are the only way to go. Just my $0.02.
Old 10-30-2002, 07:50 AM
Registered

I had a set of those on my old Baja 226ES. Mounted them on the dash just to the left of the other instruments and angled them towards the driver.

They worked great, were accurate, and were absolutely trouble free.

My buddy has a 26' Scarab (which is for sale) with bennet tabs and Keihkafer (sp) mechanical indicators. That combination works well but seems a bit overkill.
Old 10-30-2002, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts

I installed the Stainless marine on my boat this past spring. They are great! I love them. I believe Stainless is the only one that has them for the Bennetts. They were the same price as the Bennett indicators. And they look so much better!
Old 10-30-2002, 09:12 AM
turbo2256

White - Diamonds,
Thats it some other parts are required call them and while your at it one set up drive indcator / s too.

Quick Reply: Bennett Trim Tab Indicators ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.