Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Miami Boat Show Build >

Miami Boat Show Build

Notices

Miami Boat Show Build

Old 01-13-2019, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Laz, how do you match the ports and scribe the lines to the manifold? Are you setting the manifold on the block and heads?
Old 01-14-2019, 12:03 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Just asking is most of your builds local or all over the USA and especially for any local builds are they all going to be closed cooled ?
Old 01-21-2019, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cheech
Laz, how do you match the ports and scribe the lines to the manifold? Are you setting the manifold on the block and heads?
Cheech we do this a little more time consuming and more complicated than most. There's an advise I give guys that call me over the phone wanting intake manifold matching or porting and the advise and reason are simple don't buy intakes that either cnc factory portede and don't buy gasket matched manifolds if you want a perfect fit which is what everyone is after . The only way to get a perfect fit is in my opinion like this. Check it out and thanks for the great question.
P.S. if you're coming to the show in Feb stop by and see us booth F419. Sincerely Laz Mesa

Transfer the floor and roof line across the head on both sides.

Then transfer the port width and location to the top were you can see it with the intake installed.

Then finally measure the port radius so you can tie those transfer lines together to the intake port .
Bolt the intake with 4 pieces of gasket to the heads transfer all locating lines to the intake and start grinding.

The following users liked this post:
Tartilla (02-21-2024)
Old 01-21-2019, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
Just asking is most of your builds local or all over the USA and especially for any local builds are they all going to be closed cooled ?
Bup sorry for the delay in answering to you and Cheech the post before yours. We're so busy I can't check the forum everyday . To answer your question we build and maintain engines all over the world we do alot for central and South America and the Carib. I think this is so because were we're located I notice it's been very difficult to break into the West Coast market for us most likely because of location. As you can imagine being in this field we build some closed cooling but the most is open cooling for the most part that's why as you can see in my engines all aluminum parts are hardcoat anodized . I will not build any of our packages without anodizing the components (yes not even closed cooling engines). This is in my commitment to the customer to provide the best product we can . Sincerely Laz Mesa
Old 01-24-2019, 09:49 AM
Registered

Valve geometry day fitting all components checking piston to valve and also sent components out for powder coat

Everyone lined up and ready for final adjustment

Old 01-24-2019, 05:38 PM
Registered

I know when I see this in the office it's as the song says (the end is near).
Here's the exhaust and the parts are back from powder coating.
We'll start fitting accessories and getting ready for dyno soon.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you guys use sealer on the head gaskets? And intake gaskets?
Old 01-25-2019, 05:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 14 apache
Do you guys use sealer on the head gaskets? And intake gaskets?
We use yellow 3M weather strip adhesive on the intake gaskets everywhere water and intake ports and
we lay a thin film of the right stuff around the water ports and the ends of the cylinder heads between
the water ports and the intake.

Just between the end water ports and the intake corner.

Neatly done you really have to look close to see it and it's insurance for everyone.

This will never come off like silicone and wind up in the pump pick up and or bypass.

This area and water ports you have to be very clean and careful not to use too much
these gasket manufacturers are very good in design this is ust for added insurance
if you gob it on the gasket will not work properly..

Hope these pictures help in the answer.

Remember everyone booth F419 come by and see us..
Old 01-25-2019, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice job reason I asked was they are machined after anodizing was wondering how the deck serface holds up on the head. I know the anodizing keeps it from conducting electric to help save it from rotting. Have you had to repair any anodized heads before??
Old 01-28-2019, 04:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 14 apache
Nice job reason I asked was they are machined after anodizing was wondering how the deck serface holds up on the head. I know the anodizing keeps it from conducting electric to help save it from rotting. Have you had to repair any anodized heads before??
We have repaired both bare and anodized heads before sometimes there just isn't the budget to go with new heads. I will tell you when they're repaired as you know they're never going to hold up the same again. The AFR and Dart and Brodix heads hold up as much as three years without issues most of the time y then they're beyond freshen up they're well gone. Thanks Laz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.