Chamber porting for dropping compression

Notices

Chamber porting for dropping compression

Old 01-13-2019, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 559 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by rob vanharten

flat top with 3cc valve pocket.
You’re currently at 9.62 Cr by math assuming 4.63” head gasket. Your dead volume is 136cc, swept volume is 1172cc. You need 156cc to get down to 8.5cr. So you need to add 20cc.

Last edited by hogie roll; 01-13-2019 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 1,476 Likes on 801 Posts

Follow your head guy. He's amazing and always right. 25 plus years of personal knowledge of listening to him. He knows.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rob vanharten
Jason, I spoke with Jim on Saturday regarding my project. I am sitting around 9.8 right now and would like to get down in the 8.5-8.75 range. I understand this will not be doable with the porting alone but am hoping he can remove as much as possible while helping flow. I will still have to run thicker head gaskets but I am trying to run the thinnest gasket possible after the porting to get me to my desired compression ratio. Jim was thinking he could get them into the upper 120’s while increasing flow. I would be very happy with 10cc’s but a little more would be even better!!
Whatever Jim recommends is what I would do. We made almost 800 HP with 9.5 CR on pump gas