Intercom System >

Intercom System

Notices

Intercom System

Old 06-01-2019, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Intercom System

What are you guys running for intercom systems? I've searched some old posts and most of the companies that are recommended are no longer in business? Also who on here has used wireless? Do you feel they are as good as a. hardwired setup?
Old 06-02-2019, 06:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

We have hard wired. Went that way because we wont be using them all the time and didnt want to deal with batteries going dead or not holding a charge. Rugged Radios built our system, it has bluetooth also for listening to the stereo when not in use.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a hard wired system from Tiger Performance and never had any issues with it, also have the option to listen to the radio or plug in my cell phone for calls or music.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:54 AM
Registered

I was looking at rugged radio, their system looks good. I see that some are push to talk. I would prefer to have the mics on all the time. How are your mics set up. Which headsets are you using? The over the head to behind the head? I want the most secure headset I can get.

Last edited by endeavour32; 06-02-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:10 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Why do you feel like you need one? In all my time on 37ATs, I’ve never once wished for one. While the cockpit is plenty roomy, it’s easy to communicate even at higher speeds.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:51 AM
Registered

95% of the time, I stand up when I drive, and I find I have to yell if I want to talk to anyone while driving if doing anything over 60 mph. I wouldn't say I "need" it, but it would be nice to communicate with everyone other than the person right next to me, without yelling to them, or having them lean into me in order to hear. Anything over 75 and the wind is so loud in my ears I can barely hear the engines. For short trips, it's fine; however, for longer trips I would prefer to be able to carry on a conversation with everyone in the boat.

Certainly if you sit and drive, there is no need for them, but that is not how I drive. I want to get the boat out a few more times before I pull the trigger on something, but I feel it would be a nice option to have.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
I was looking at rugged radio, their system looks good. I see that some are push to talk. I would prefer to have the mics on all the time. How are your mics set up. Which headsets are you using? The over the head to behind the head? I want the most secure headset I can get.
My Mics are always on which Is nice and are metal strap behind the head and velcro on top..
Old 06-02-2019, 05:00 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I have the same setup as BigFarmer and the front mics are full time and the back ones would be PTT. I don't need to hear their gossip but do wan them to be able to talk to us.

When I had Fast AT Last(Color of Money) 37' it wasn't bad until about 70 but the buffeting got old after 10-15 miles and I would've eventually put in a system.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:50 AM
Registered

Cash Bar- Good call on push to talk for the back seat passengers. I agree, I don't need to hear them unless it's something important.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
Ours are behind the head style and voice activated. I bought 4 headsets used from when Shogren was closing down and had Rugged Radios set-up a system for us that would work with the plugins from the headsets cords, there are many different styles of plugs out there. Check with them before purchasing used headsets on the plugs, some are not supported anymore or limit the options they can do. Overall happy with them.

Last edited by VoodooRob; 06-03-2019 at 08:28 AM.