1995 Baja 272, 7.4 carb >

1995 Baja 272, 7.4 carb

Notices

1995 Baja 272, 7.4 carb

Old 07-29-2019, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Baja 272, 7.4 carb

Having an odd issue. Boat starts up and runs fine. After cruising for a little while.....20-30 min (ive varied the speeds on different times) the boat starts to fall off and if i dont throttle back it will just stall. Even when i come off the throttle it runs rough as hell (rich) and eventually stalls.
If i hold the throttle wide open (like it was flooded) it will start up and it acts like its overloaded with fuel.(can smell the fuel in the exhaust) if i let the boat sit for 10 minutes or so it will start up and run ok again. Get back on plane and eventually repeat the process. The same thing has been happening for multiple days now. Very easy to duplicate.
im leaning toward it being a carb problem. It has new coil, cap, rotor and pick up coil/sensor in the distributor.
It has an edlebrock 1410 carb that has been fine prior to this year.

Anyone have a problem like this before or can anyone offer some help?
Old 07-29-2019, 07:31 PM
Registered

Plumb up a fuel pressure gauge and monitor while running. I think that will be a good starting point.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brandonb_05
Plumb up a fuel pressure gauge and monitor while running. I think that will be a good starting point.
what should i be looking for?