GGB Inserts anywhere?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Baja Rooster

GGB Inserts anywhere?

Old 08-12-2019, 08:19 PM
Registered

My Boat: 1997 Concincor 253
Default GGB Inserts anywhere?

I know they have stopped or at least halted production of these from factory, but are there any distributors or anyone that is still selling them or has them?

2nd part of that, has anyone ever ran them inside of EMI Thunder dry tails? I believe the O.D. of the tail is 4" and that would include the water jacket, so the exhaust tube itself i assume is 3.5" I would really like to try a set of these if I can find them, but I simply cant.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:38 PM
Registered

My Boat: 1997 Baja Islander 272

I got mine off eBay from outdoor_supply. They made them to order. Ping them and see what they can do.

Last edited by Baja Rooster; 08-12-2019 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster View Post
I got mine off eBay from outdoor_supply. They made them to order. Ping them and see what they can do.
Might have to do that. thx
Old 08-12-2019, 09:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Torch253 View Post
Might have to do that. thx
No go... seems as though they were getting the baffles right from GGB and dont currently have any. He did say they are in process of completely revamping their marine line and will be back in production in time for next season. Michigan only has about a month left boating give or take, might be worth the wait if the tickets don't build too fast!
Old 08-13-2019, 12:34 AM
Registered

My Boat: 1997 Baja Islander 272

Good to know. When the time comes I highly recommend getting the longest ones that fit and just cut off a ring at a time until you get the sound you like.
underpsi68 likes this.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:07 AM
Registered

My Boat: 87 Formula F 223LS, 383 Stroker

I have 4" long GGBs in the very short rubber section behind my EMI wet long tails. My risers are 4" OD and somewhere around 3.5 or 3.25 ID. I forget. If you want to put them inside the tails you should find the exact inside diameter of the tails. A machinists snap gauge would do that just fine. The inserts are a hard metal and are impossible to reduce in size. I'd make up a circular disc on a stick and slide it into the tail to be sure there are no obstructions to mess up your installation.
On the plus size they definitely attenuate the exhaust on my engine. They are a reasonable bark reducer that can be undone if needed.
Dry tails never sneak up on anyone!
Old 08-13-2019, 06:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NHGuy View Post
I have 4" long GGBs in the very short rubber section behind my EMI wet long tails. My risers are 4" OD and somewhere around 3.5 or 3.25 ID. I forget. If you want to put them inside the tails you should find the exact inside diameter of the tails. A machinists snap gauge would do that just fine. The inserts are a hard metal and are impossible to reduce in size. I'd make up a circular disc on a stick and slide it into the tail to be sure there are no obstructions to mess up your installation.
On the plus size they definitely attenuate the exhaust on my engine. They are a reasonable bark reducer that can be undone if needed.
Dry tails never sneak up on anyone!
yeah I plan to do a bit more precise measuring, when the time comes, I dont have the boat at home atm. I assume my dry tails are just an "extended" version of your riser and are the same diameter. I do know from before installing them new they are a straight clean shot, no obstructions.