Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
454 Mag MPI gen v rebuild help >

454 Mag MPI gen v rebuild help

Notices

454 Mag MPI gen v rebuild help

Old 10-02-2019, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I can guarantee you that if you don't slow down, figure out what's wrong and take the appropriate steps to correct, and deal with somebody that knows what he is doing, you WILL be back this spring posting " I spent $xxx dollars on a new motor ,it does t run right, my boat goes slower and my engine builder ripped me off "
Old 10-02-2019, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
I can guarantee you that if you don't slow down, figure out what's wrong and take the appropriate steps to correct, and deal with somebody that knows what he is doing, you WILL be back this spring posting " I spent $xxx dollars on a new motor ,it does t run right, my boat goes slower and my engine builder ripped me off "
X2

Honestly slow down. I mean this in a bad way but you are all over the place. Im not sure you have a knock in your engine at this point. If I remember one of your recent posts it did not knock when you had it out checking fuel pressure. If that is the case a bearing knock will be constant.
I would take your oil filter off and cut it open to see what is inside at this point.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by underpsi68
X2.
I would take your oil filter off and cut it open to see what is inside at this point.
That's what I said back when he changed oil, don't know if it happened. My heads spinning on this one too. Cableguy....you got all winter man take your time like they said and just do it once. Tyler Crocket is a good dude,very smart, and will answer the phone and talk to you. The advantage with his package is it is known and tested, and he already has a tune for the ECM. He can reprogram it for you, he can also service your fuel injectors which you should do if it's apart.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Im keeping it stock but will do the Tyler Crockett custom cam hoping to add 50hp. I heard you take it slow.