Merc 377 blue scorpion tune >

Merc 377 blue scorpion tune

Notices

Merc 377 blue scorpion tune

Old 11-24-2019, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Merc 377 blue scorpion tune

I have a couple stock scorpions that run well now. I am looking to get a little more out of them for the upcoming year. I’ve looked into the whipple ecm upgrade. Does anyone have knowledge or real world experience on this process? I’m also wondering what other options I may have.
Old 11-24-2019, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by donzi33zx
I have a couple stock scorpions that run well now. I am looking to get a little more out of them for the upcoming year. I’ve looked into the whipple ecm upgrade. Does anyone have knowledge or real world experience on this process? I’m also wondering what other options I may have.
Are you talking JUST a tune, and not adding the whipple?

IF just a tune it is not worth it in my estimation. No modification of any of the tables will yield significant nor seat of the pants measurable performance increase. Increasing the timing in a few spots and perhaps raising the rev limiter 'might' be noticed.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah a tune without any mechanical changes is a waste of time. Dustin did a great job on my custom 383 tune though.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Yeah put the money onto beer, gas or a new set of hooters..
Old 11-28-2019, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was thinking tune only no whipple. I’d honestly buy a different boat before adding the whipple. I had hoped but figured a tune wouldn’t achieve anything noticeable. The write up by whipple on the upgrade makes it sound so tempting. Appreciate the input on the reality of the situation.